? servers

? players online

E-cig thread

• Content Count:  490

Serious question here, might get shit for this but, why smoke?

What is the appeal of smoking?

Sent from my phone thing

I would say it's an "Pressure/Normal" thing.

Most of the old boys from my unit smokes cause it helps take off that edge or simply because their elders did it.

Same thing happened with a friend of mine, was stressed and tried a cigarette to calm himself.

Told me he only smoked rarely, which then became uncommon then common then a lot. Thankfully he is to piss poor to afford smoking daily so he had to stop. I myself cant stand it for the life of me. Tried smoking 2 times in my life, once when i was 12 and my dad fucked around with me, and when i was offered a smoke during a field exercise.

happy that both these times, i almost choked on that piss taste, and never tried it again.

Waste of money, waste of time, detrimental to your health, stupid, and if these make you look "cool" then you better reprioritize some things in life and reassess yourself.. Above all else, stupid. There have got to be at least six things that could make you look cooler than going out and smoking an electronic cigarette.

"Yeah guys, be right back, gotta go out and puff on my cotton candy e-cig real quick to look like a badass and shit."

What a world we live in.

I don't really care if people smoke or not, as long as it's done respectably near others (Not smoking in others faces or rooms where the smoke ends up harming you to/annoying you)

Like Eskimo says, it ain't any different from getting piss drunk or sitting on your ass whole day playing video games.

And as long as it's not a annoyance/dangers to others, then you should mind your own business.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3056

Bump.

Just stumbled upon this and remembered this thread http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/studies-reveal-health-risks-e-cigarettes

"Earlier this year, a study found that increasing an e-cig’s voltage from 3.2V to 4.8V while using an e-liquid with both solvents produced almost as much formaldehyde as a traditional cigarette. While the human body produces formaldehyde as a byproduct of normal metabolic activity in the cells, it is suspected of being carcinogenic when inhaled. The same study also found that at lower voltages, e-cigs produced up to 800 times less formaldehyde than a cigarette. While this might sound a lot safer, the size of the vapor particles and the delivery method into the lungs heavily impact the risk of disease.Particles found in inhaled cigarette smoke have a median size of 0.3-0.5 microns. Testing has found that the e-cigarette particles have a median of 0.18-0.27 microns. About 40% of these particles can travel deep into the lungs and become embedded in the alveoli, where gas exchange occurs. Even if the particle itself isn’t toxic, the size alone places a burden on the lungs and can cause disease."

Reply to Thread