? servers

? players online

Where I've been..

• Content Count:  3073

Unfortunately, its looking more and more likely as time goes on that the damage is falling into bad or worse case. I'm set for a surgery on the 6th, and the results of that may determine if i keep my hand. Blood flow, nerve damage and issues with the bones and muscles have to be looked at. I've had several issues in recovery and not many positive milestones. At least the legal/insurance side is moving well considering the circumstances.

I never thought i'd be (near) permanently disabled at 31 years old.

• Content Count:  4960

Unfortunately, its looking more and more likely as time goes on that the damage is falling into bad or worse case. I'm set for a surgery on the 6th, and the results of that may determine if i keep my hand. Blood flow, nerve damage and issues with the bones and muscles have to be looked at. I've had several issues in recovery and not many positive milestones. At least the legal/insurance side is moving well considering the circumstances.

I never thought i'd be (near) permanently disabled at 31 years old.

Not a pleasant thing to hear.

My friend at work had 4 of his fingers crushed by a machine with a switched-off safety.. The chance he'll be able to use them for 100% after this is very small

• Content Count:  3391

I was going to type something witty about a lighter ban hammer, but fuck me that sucks. I can't imagine only having one hand, I hope you convince your employer to get you one of those super high-tech hands/arms that can be controlled with muscles/thought.

Best of luck and I hope you stick around.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3178

Sucks to hear this :(

I hope I don't offend you by asking this, but I always wanted to know: How does it 'feel' not having a hand? Have you witnessed any of those ghost-feeling/pain at the spot where your hand used to be? (Serious question, but you don't have to answer if you wish not to, of course).

I assume everything is covered by your company's insurances (surgeries, soon prosthesis)?

Reply to Thread