? servers

? players online

Community Q&A

• Content Count:  8756

Originally made a separate post for this, but will bring it here instead.

"So recently I had to do a clean install of windows again, and decided to pop along to the MG server as it was populated.

I knew I would have some downloading to do, so I set it going, and came back 2-3 minutes later, and was rather worried to see very little progress had been done. It took probably 10 minutes for everything to download

If it were another server, I would have quite happily just left the server and not bothered playing. So I have to wonder if too many items on the server are hurting the new players coming in, with them not wanting to sit through the downloads. Maybe its best to consider cutting out those people aren't actually using, in the hopes people will stick through a quicker download. "

Didnt see this til now, sorry for lateness lol. We're working on finishing CSGO Minigames and we're definitely taking into account download times. We're going to make sure you guys don't have to download more things than you have to so you can get on the servers quicker.

• Content Count:  4354

SG needs to focus on making the current member base happy at the same time trying to recruit new members. This is not an easy task at all. Members are going to come and go. It's the internet and people have ADD, so staying focused on the current members base only is a recipe for disaster. You have to always look for ways to bring in new people or you will end up dead like many communities. (Yes even TNS - toss that in there since people are thinking it )

I believe the people in charge have a plan, and we as the members need to get behind their plan and support it. Servers are the life line of communities like SG. Have a great forum is a plus, but let's be real people join communities like this for the servers, and while on the server may meet people they end up liking to play with and then keep coming back. SG has a great history of hosting amazing servers, and I don't think that will change. We just need to be willing as members to jump in the servers and help support them.

I also believe that Spiked and the team is working hard behind the scene to come up will perks and changes that will help turn this direction around. I had the pleasure of working side by side with spiked for years and the guy has great vision.

So with that all said the best thing we can do as members is support the vision and direction the leaders of SG set before us.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4799

Will SG focus on social media to attract players?

I get laughed at whenever I suggest something like that at CA+ meetings... so no. Apparently no attention is better than little attention and it would all be a huge waste of time.

If we did, this is how I would see it:

1. We make some funny and witty comments on some larger gaming related pages.

2. Share our videos both on our page and larger pages that look for funny gaming videos.

Even if most people would not want to associate with some random gaming community from under their real name, we would still get people who think "That was funny, I wonder what steamgamers is."

• Like 2
Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  1064

Will SG focus on social media to attract players?

I get laughed at whenever I suggest something like that at CA+ meetings... so no. Apparently no attention is better than little attention and it would all be a huge waste of time.

If we did, this is how I would see it:

1. We make some funny and witty comments on some larger gaming related pages.

2. Share our videos both on our page and larger pages that look for funny gaming videos.

Even if most people would not want to associate with some random gaming community from under their real name, we would still get people who think "That was funny, I wonder what steamgamers is."

I could see SG being on twitter but not really anything else. I use Tapatalk, so I can use multiple forums at once.

Use it to tweet little things like small announcements, populate a server, happy birthday, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

What do you have in mind, exactly?

Approach other communities that are well known to make servers that are not easy to keep alive (minecraft).

Let's say Silent and another higher-up from another community work together to make the server.

Population from that community would boost our playerbase and would encourage players from both communities to visit the forums, play on servers that they don't have, etc

• Content Count:  1064

Approach other communities that are well known to make servers that are not easy to keep alive (minecraft).

Let's say Silent and another higher-up from another community work together to make the server.

Population from that community would boost our playerbase and would encourage players from both communities to visit the forums, play on servers that they don't have, etc

so a subcommunity?

inb4 SG Jr

• Content Count:  4960

so a subcommunity?

inb4 SG Jr

A collaboration with an existing community (Like Hellsgamers, the only one I know) to create a common server.

Imagine the outcome of two communities working together.

I don't see this as black/white as you might think, i know there's a couple of steps between this actually happening but we can use this as a fast way to test the outcome of said collaboration.

Wouldn't mind funding it for the first month, but only if there's actually people playing on it. I have said this to Silentguns a couple of days ago

Reply to Thread