? servers

? players online

Community Q&A

• Content Count:  3056

Just a question...isnt it better to go to a CS:S zombiemod server and a CS:GO zombiemod.

Dont know how the population on CS:S is now a days.

But looks like that if its zombiemod unfriendly better to stick with the old formula or am i wrong in this one?

It doesn't work, we have tried to keep our CS:S server alive for a long time, CS:S is just simply dying out and with it our CS:S based servers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

Just a question...isnt it better to go to a CS:S zombiemod server and a CS:GO zombiemod.

Dont know how the population on CS:S is now a days.

But looks like that if its zombiemod unfriendly better to stick with the old formula or am i wrong in this one?

It doesn't work, we have tried to keep our CS:S server alive for a long time, CS:S is just simply dying out and with it our CS:S based servers.

This was something I researched recently to come up with the server recommendations to of what they are. CS:S's overall population has declined severely. The introduction of the marketplace into CS:GO essentially killed the game. After Valve updated the engine back in 2012 or whenever was the last bit of major care/work that went into the game and it steadily went down in population as the rise of CS:GO came about. Initially CS:GO was struggling due to the competitive nature of the game and the lack of plugins available to work in them. I remember waiting a good 2 months for metamod and source mod to come up with their plugins. But once the marketplace got installed, CS:GO just went apeshit crazy in population cause as with TF2, you *could* make money by playing the game.

As of now, there are more 1.6 players on a daily basis than CS:S players and there are more than 10 times more CS:GO players. (source: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/)

So our move to CS:GO is based off the facts our CS:S servers are no longer one of the top servers (thats what most of the CS:S players have established server populations) and that there are many, many more players on CS:GO that we would reach.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  4960

Now that we will gradually focus on the forums even more, will there be ways to apply for functions (like Forum Moderator) that are not server-sided?

Especially since there's a specific group of people that visit the forums daily but don't play on the servers.

Thank you

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

Now that we will gradually focus on the forums even more, will there be ways to apply for functions (like Forum Moderator) that are not server-sided?

Especially since there's a specific group of people that visit the forums daily but don't play on the servers.

Thank you

The short answer is no. We actually do not want more focus on the forums. Our primary focus is on server population. It has been my experience and it is our plan if we actually turn our server population around we will find more people visiting the forums. Back when I first was AO SG had 6 or 7 servers in the top 100, several of them were the top server in the game mode. Our population saw a steady increase due to that fact.

I did research about a month ago. Most of our servers now are on the outside of the top 1000 and falling. Now we are swinging around and have broken the top 1000.

As far as the specifics to your question, everyone from CA+ is a forum moderator with a few exceptions, which really with the amount of moderation needed is too many.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread