? servers

? players online

Why you should donate, if you can.

• Content Count:  2589

Let me preface this with a few things. One, I know not everyone can afford it. I've been there, I understand wanting to donate but not being able to. So if you can't, that's fine. No one says you have to.

Secondly, I assume this is in the correct section.

Yesterday's meeting got my brain kinda flowing and it kinda bothered me that out of the ~50 ppl there, I believe only 3-4 donated. I know some can't, but a big thing I saw mentioned was discussion on perks for donating. And while they make a good incentive to do so, people that are a part of this community at this point shouldn't be worried about what perks they'll be getting out of it. I understand having the perks to want to make new ppl donate, but the primary source of donations should be from people wanting to donate simply because they enjoy the community.

Hopefully the subscriber rank helps, but the main reason why you should donate if you can, is simply because you like this community and want to see it thrive. I'm fully aware not everyone can donate like I did on the spur of the moment yesterday, but I did not for perks. I did it because I love SG. No matter what, I've always come back here the past almost 3 years. Lord knows I've gotten more than $50 dollars worth of entertainment and memories from this community.

And you don't even have to donate $10, every dollar counts.

What's made SG so special to me is the player base and the servers. The rules and setup just make sense to me. I've rarely ever seen a rule that I thought "that's fucking retarded". And while I may not have agreed with how every little thing was handled, no community is perfect. I've grown to love the ppl here. From the love able community retards like Neptune, Bork and spartan potatoes, to the "normal" people like xeno, caution and Vick (swiftbros for life). There's no other community at this point that I want to be a part of. I'd like to think there are others like me.

I know I've been pretty much gone for awhile, but I'm back and committed. This is my internet home and I love that.

So basically, if you can manage it, please donate just a little bit simply because you love this community and want to see it restore itself. Not because you want something special in return.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1513

Let me preface this with a few things. One, I know not everyone can afford it. I've been there, I understand wanting to donate but not being able to. So if you can't, that's fine. No one says you have to.

Yesterday's meeting got my brain kinda flowing and it kinda bothered me that out of the ~50 ppl there, I believe only 3-4 donated. I know some can't, but a big thing I saw mentioned was discussion on perks for donating. And while they make a good incentive to do so, people that are a part of this community at this point shouldn't be worried about what perks they'll be getting out of it. I understand having the perks to want to make new ppl donate, but the primary source of donations should be from people wanting to donate simply because they enjoy the community.

Hopefully the subscriber rank helps, but the main reason why you should donate if you can, is simply because you like this community and want to see it thrive. I'm fully aware not everyone can donate like I did on the spur of the moment yesterday, but I did not for perks. I did it because I love SG. No matter what, I've always come back here the past almost 3 years. Lord knows I've gotten more than $50 dollars worth of entertainment and memories from this community.

What's made SG so special to me is the player base and the servers. The rules and setup just make sense to me. I've rarely ever seen a rule that I thought "that's fucking retarded". And while I may not have agreed with how every little thing was handled, no community is perfect. I've grown to love the ppl here. From the love able community retards like Neptune, Bork and spartan potatoes, to the "normal" people like xeno, caution and Vick (swiftbros for life). There's no other community at this point that I want to be a part of. I'd like to think there are others like me.

I know I've been pretty much gone for awhile, but I'm back and committed. This is my internet home and I love that.

So basically, if you can manage it, please donate just a little bit simply because you love this community and want to see it restore itself. Not because you want something special in return.

I reported this post.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5108

This is exactly how I feel. Sure the perks are cool and all, but I love this place and I would hate to see it come to an end. My countless donations, hours on the forums, TeamSpeak, and game servers reflects that. To this day people ask me "Why did you donate so much money to an online gaming community?", and my answer to that is "Every penny I've given to this place was worth it because I've met some of the coolest people and have had some really good memories here."

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3287

This is exactly how I feel. Sure the perks are cool and all, but I love this place and I would hate to see it come to an end. My countless donations, hours on the forums, TeamSpeak, and game servers reflects that. To this day people ask me "Why did you donate so much money to an online gaming community?", and my answer to that is "Every penny I've given to this place was worth it because I've met some of the coolest people and have had some really good memories here."

Exactly this. Unfortunately lately I've been unable to donate, but I will again, once I'm able.

• Content Count:  6242

Honestly, this is the kind of attitude that people need to take at this point. Yeah we aren't giving you guys as much in "perks", but what we are doing and what we have been doing are giving you guys the ability for experiences. Experiences is our business. If you have fun around here with everything we are doing then you need to support us. Yes things aren't like they used to be but what is? Everything goes through changes. We do have some fun things we have planned to institute around here but if we have to worry about our donations all the time it kind of side tracks things a bit.

Here's one way to look at our financial problem. If we have to downsize away from our dedicated box, we loose a bit of flexibility. Say some new game mode comes out for Gmod, well if we downsize, we may not be able to accommodate a new server. If we downsize we may not be able to get new features out there that we've been working on.

Ultimately, if you like what what we have been delivering and would like us to continue to deliver this content to you we need to stay on the dedicated box. However, if you think we can do something else that you like, you also need to suggest it. Talk to a CA or AO, give us ideas. Some times ideas have already been brought up and talked about but participating is always welcome.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread