? servers

? players online

Bring Minecraft back?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Bring Minecraft back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Possibly (comment on your suggestions)

Bring MC Back

• Content Count:  467

"SilentGuns": tell you what

"SilentGuns": you donate 200 bucks towards MC

"SilentGuns": and I will talk to you

"SilentGuns": in private

"SilentGuns": one day

Apparently SilentGuns is willing to talk to you in private 1 entire day if you donate 200$ towards MC

• Content Count:  38

I enjoy programming and fabricating complicated redstone contraptions to automate processes, so personally, I can't stand vanilla Minecraft. When we were modded, I played it a bit, but after having things stolen I quit. The Direwolf modpack is nicely balanced and has a lot of content for people to explore before quitting after reaching end game. I believe there is a server version of the mod pack that removes some of the objects that would constantly cause lag by reloading or processing information at obnoxious rates.

As for griefing problems, I know there is a plug-in that records the moment a block placed by one player is destroyed by another and saves the chunk's state before the block was destroyed. An admin can then access the plug-in, seeing who destroyed the block and reverting the building to its previous state.

There was also another plug-in that gave each player an amount of plots they could purchase (with in game currency) and control/build in. Other players could not access this land and no one could access land that had not been bought. I believe the amount of plots you could have was based on rank.

And for the money problema, perhaps there could be a Minecraft specific subscriber, I might actually pay for that.

I have also been on servers that take multiple game modes and spread them out on multiple dimensions within one server, dunno how. They were also able to maintain a high population with little lag, dat elasticity though.

• Like 3
Edited by Babyeater

• Content Count:  538

Make a mod where I can be a sex slave and I'll donate $400

ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้

fuck that

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1459

I enjoy programming and fabricating complicated redstone contraptions to automate processes, so personally, I can't stand vanilla Minecraft. When we were modded, I played it a bit, but after having things stolen I quit. The Direwolf modpack is nicely balanced and has a lot of content for people to explore before quitting after reaching end game. I believe there is a server version of the mod pack that removes some of the objects that would constantly cause lag by reloading or processing information at obnoxious rates.

As for griefing problems, I know there is a plug-in that records the moment a block placed by one player is destroyed by another and saves the chunk's state before the block was destroyed. An admin can then access the plug-in, seeing who destroyed the block and reverting the building to its previous state.

There was also another plug-in that gave each player an amount of plots they could purchase (with in game currency) and control/build in. Other players could not access this land and no one could access land that had not been bought. I believe the amount of plots you could have was based on rank.

And for the money problema, perhaps there could be a Minecraft specific subscriber, I might actually pay for that.

I have also been on servers that take multiple game modes and spread them out on multiple dimensions within one server, dunno how. They were also able to maintain a high population with little lag, dat elasticity though.

On a huge survival server that I played on before, they allowed raiding and stuff, but you could set plots, and put signs on the doors and chests so that only you could access them, and you could add people to go into that chest, or open that door as well. And the plots I think, are the best option, because they basically delete the griefing problem as a whole.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4798

Make a mod where I can be a sex slave and I'll donate $400

ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้

fuck that

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/prison-pearl/

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3287

On a huge survival server that I played on before, they allowed raiding and stuff, but you could set plots, and put signs on the doors and chests so that only you could access them, and you could add people to go into that chest, or open that door as well. And the plots I think, are the best option, because they basically delete the griefing problem as a whole.

110% Agree

• Content Count:  1076

Yeah we had that plugin it's called Factions. We also had a plugin that locked chests and doors that let you add authorized users (Factions mod also blocks non faction members from using doors/chests/whatever in the faction plot).There are plenty anti grief plug-ins such as Guardian that shows who edited what and reverts all changes up to a specified time period.

I've managed dozens of MC servers since infdev and edited probably thousands of YAML files along with SQL all though FTP. I would LOVE to help set up the server and am willing to throw buckets of money to support it if needed.

• Content Count:  515

Given i haven't played SG minecraft since like idk when the issue is for some reason people will either burn out real quick or just turn on each other. What i see happening here is people will put money into it and then only a few people will stick with it for more than like three months. I know a couple of times when i did want to get back into minecraft the server was basically all empty.

Reply to Thread