? servers

? players online

Random School Question of the Day

• Content Count:  2187

This is just a one time question for those who are going back to school/college or are entering high school/college for the first time.

So tell me students/undergraduates:

How did it feel to come back? If you're entering high school/college, what was your first impression of your learning environment?

• Content Count:  3052

As a college dropout.... Stay in school kids. Study hard, get a degree, then find a job and enjoy life. If school is really not an option for you (I know there are a few legitimate reasons) go learn a trade... People who learn a trade are valueable in today's day in age.

/rant

• Content Count:  2095

go learn a trade... People who learn a trade are valueable in today's day in age.

This is arguable, I've worked with a ton of tradesmen and nowadays people treat them like a piece of trash; where I work trades people have been replaced with people with zero skills/experience with the ideology of "Well, we can just re-train this person and engineer them to act as we want"

The welders I've worked with were errand boys for the most part, bring this here, do this, do that, and were treated pretty badly with an equally bad pay, a dollar or two more than your generic straight out of highschool noobie

If you absolutely can't go to post-secondary school (college, university) for something useful- something that'll actually get you a JOB in the field it's an okay alternative, but tradesmen have unfortunately degraded for the most part

That being said college is shit if you have no idea what you want to do or any endgame, college certificates are almost all absolutely worthless, 2 year diplomas are almost equally useless but you'll have some job opportunities (extremely restricted and sparse, but I hear some exist) and 3 year diplomas are stupid as fuck because you'd be a million times better off going to university and getting a bachelors

Bachelors are really useful unless you major in music, art, woman studies, or something similar that has no usefulness. A bachelors in business and marketing may sound like an extremely linear degree that'll lead you into only marketing or the like but I have friends who have gotten into banking, stock brokerage, and a ton of shit you wouldn't necessarily associate with business and marketing.

Don't buy into the hype that university degrees are a pile of shit, the people spouting this nonsense are the piles of shit who bomb interviews that they would otherwise not be invited to without their degree. It also doesn't matter if a job isn't relevant to your major, apply. Your degree is just a piece of paper that tells the world you aren't fucking retarded and that you're capable of being trained in a job that requires you to use your brain.

The second you get a degree or diploma shoot your resume to any and every job you think sounds cool on a job finding website. I know tons of people getting jobs they didn't necessarily major in, and others who were contacted for OTHER positions the companies needed filled.

Edited by SoulKeeper

• Content Count:  202

I'm aspiring to become a SteamGamers Administrator. The training and experience that I'll be provided with will far surpass anything I'd ever receive in school. From there, I could easily become the next Mark Fuckerberg.

Reply to Thread