? servers

? players online

5 v 5 Fun competitive server?

• Content Count:  137

It would kinda be like the 1v1 server but instead it randomly chooses 5 players on 2 teams to play each round (on either custom or official maps, doesn't matter) in a 5v5 battle. Every round it would be different players chosen, all talk would be turned on maybe and you're money would be based off your score? It's just an idea that i thought of and would like to see it work :3

• Like 1

• Content Count:  742

It would kinda be like the 1v1 server but instead it randomly chooses 5 players on 2 teams to play each round (on either custom or official maps, doesn't matter) in a 5v5 battle. Every round it would be different players chosen, all talk would be turned on maybe and you're money would be based off your score? It's just an idea that i thought of and would like to see it work :3

I think having the money based on score carry over into later rounds might imbalance the teams as some teams might not be able to buy and others would be lugging around Negev's... And I dunno if all talk is better or not because I don't know how seriously people will take this and attempt to plan strats (let's be real, its gonna be 100% trash-talk who am I kidding), but this actually sounds really fun.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1086

I'd prefer a straight up 5 v 5 scrim server. If people wanted to play a 10+ player server compet, they'd play the casual server or something. No one wants to play a 5 v 5 server where there's a chance they won't get to play and have to sit in spec and watch other people play. It's either have a regular 5 v 5 scrim server or a large casual server, which we already have.

I'd prefer a straight up 5 v 5 scrim server. If people wanted to play a 10+ player server compet, they'd play the casual server or something. No one wants to play a 5 v 5 server where there's a chance they won't get to play and have to sit in spec and watch other people play. It's either have a regular 5 v 5 scrim server or a large casual server, which we already have.

Literally sitting around for half to 75% of rounds is practically PB in a nutshell and people play that a lot too; granted, waiting is never fun so that's a fair point as well. Depends on server population and population cap; if we have say, enough for more than two teams, it could be the same as the 1v1 server in terms of just matching the remainder of the players up. However, I don't know if there is a plugin or if that's even a viable option, but I think the general idea is worth considering.

• Content Count:  1086

Literally sitting around for half to 75% of rounds is practically PB in a nutshell and people play that a lot too; granted, waiting is never fun so that's a fair point as well. Depends on server population and population cap; if we have say, enough for more than two teams, it could be the same as the 1v1 server in terms of just matching the remainder of the players up. However, I don't know if there is a plugin or if that's even a viable option, but I think the general idea is worth considering.

But thing with PB is that you get to play every round. If you have to sit out a round, it's 90% of the time your fault. Maybe you rebelled and died and fucked up or you're just dumb and don't listen to orders. In the end you have to sit out because of your own fault. In the "Fun 5v5 server" you have to sit out because you just got unlucky and didn't get randomly picked.

But thing with PB is that you get to play every round. If you have to sit out a round, it's 90% of the time your fault. Maybe you rebelled and died and fucked up or you're just dumb and don't listen to orders. In the end you have to sit out because of your own fault. In the "Fun 5v5 server" you have to sit out because you just got unlucky and didn't get randomly picked.

Which is why I'm suggesting that, like 1v1 servers, you have more than just 2 teams of 5 playing at a time (like how there are multiple 1v1 arenas running?).

• Content Count:  6465

I don't know how exactly the 1v1 plugin works, or maybe it's the maps that has multiple arenas, but I am pretty sure it would not be easy to set up the plugin to be 5v5. I don't think we could do that.

At best we could possibly have a 10 slot server that randomizes the teams every round, but that is more or less pointless. It would be nicer to have straight up 5v5 competitive as Lupin is saying, then have the option to scramble teams based on a server vote or something.

Reply to Thread