Intel i5 3.4 ghz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

everything on low, almost no difference between that and high x.x

Very odd

i7 4770k

8 Gigs of ram

Asus r9 280x

I always get between 40-60 fps. Maybe is a very processor intensive game? (I don't think it is?)

Also Any players looking to play arma 3 feel free to add me so we can play together!

• Content Count:  490

Arma 3 is extremely proccessor hungry, so this could very well be the issue.

I won't start naming every single thing you can do to get more stable FPS, but a quick google search yields best results.

Highly recommend it for everyone who owns Arma 3, considering 80% of the fixes you wont notice ingame and yet raise the FPS.

• Content Count:  265

Intel i5 3.4 ghz

8GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB

everything on low, almost no difference between that and high x.x

what i did were the following to get more frames, i have an i5 3.5ghz cpu and a GTX 960 and 8 gb ram and get well over 70 fps in the middle of kavala in editor mode, note that some of these settings are my personal preference

if you ever buy it again and have the same system still do the following, others can also follow these steps with some slight differences depending on your hardware, let me know your specs and ill make minor changes for you

in your launch parameters copy and paste this into it

-cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4 -maxMem=6144 -noPause -noSplash -world=empty -noLogs -high

(note that the value in maxmem is unnecessary, in all arma games any value over 2047 will automatically set itself to 2047 in game, i keep it that way just in case bohemia changes that)

in your video settings

General: Sampling should be 100, texture and terrain high or very high, objects very low, shadows are up to you(i disable them). particles standard, cloud low, PIP standard, HDR and dynamic lights are up to you, Visibility sliders should go no more than 1500 in my opinion

Display: whatever matches your setup, i disable vsync

AA & PP: set all the sliders to zero (except sharpen filter if you want sharp images you can play around with that slider but its still fps demanding i keep mine at 100) all of these sliders are not necesarry and kill frames and i find them annoying because they blur things out

AO, Caustics, ATOC, and PPAA should be disabled for more frames, FSAA and Aniso you can change depending on your tastes

This last part involves file editing, go to documents, arma 3, and open up the arma 3 file in notepad, find GPU_Maxframesahead and GPU_Detectedframesahead and set those both to 1 and save the file. hopefully this helps with your frames

what you need to know as well is that frames in arma 3 are very influenced by servers. from what ive experienced, you will never get more frames in a certain area of the map on a server than when you are in editor. for example in editor you could have 70 frames in the middle of kavala, but while playing king of the hill on a server your frames could drop down to 40

Edited by Raventi

Reply to Thread