? servers

? players online

Scammer that played on SG

• Content Count:  5678

Scammer's profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DeFuseIt/

He tried scamming me for my knife saying that he would trade it to a friend that had the knife I wanted.

-He wasn't friends with the guy

-The guy didn't have the knife

Him admitting to scamming: https://gyazo.com/d1e07c1d1aca2aac934a5c0e7f2694cc

His terrible excuse was that the scam was for a good cause and that he was trying to get back a scammed knife.

He used to play SG under the tag "Prometheus" now plays under "The Beast" changed his name to "jj coolmemes" and his picture too.

Just wanted everybody to know about him since he was scamming.

Divotdog also helped by posing as an admin (not using an [sG] tag) and getting an amazing reaction out of him, making him think he was getting banned. Don't have screenies tho

Thanks for reading. :p

• Like 1
Edited by Dominic

• Content Count:  562

The guy you link is steam lvl 2 with no profile info. That alone makes it suspicious. I auto block everyone under steam lvl 10 unless I directly know them from SG or they comment on my profile.

Steam holds so many scammers it's scary. People do anything for good skins.

You may add me if you need help with some trading, I'd help you. Just comment on my profile :smile1:

Other than that, don't trade with "blank" profiles. Most likely bots or scammers

• Content Count:  2589

Divotdog also helped by posing as an admin (not using an [sG] tag) and getting an amazing reaction out of him, making him think he was getting banned. Don't have screenies tho

Pretty sure you guys aren't supposed to be doing that. Told a player on steam the same thing the other day when he was complaining about a freekiller and he said he acted like an admin and he left.

• Content Count:  5055

Pretty sure you guys aren't supposed to be doing that. Told a player on steam the same thing the other day when he was complaining about a freekiller and he said he acted like an admin and he left.

Pretending to be an admin on a server is against the rules. It's best to call for an admin to handle a situation like this or at the very least demo + screenshot proof and make a player complaint.

• Content Count:  2589

Make your inventory private. Problem solved.

Or, don't trade your shit to people you don't know? I don't know how people get scammed. It boggles the mind.

Only been scammed once. Traded some guy like 2 or 3 refined metal in TF2 back in 2011. Think the dude said he needed it for something and would pay me back. He had played on the community server I was with for a lil bit so I trusted him. I was 15. Imagine all these stories of people actually getting scammed in trades are either young and stupid like I was, or just plain stupid. Especially now with the 50 steps valve put into place before you can trade one item.

• Content Count:  5678

Make your inventory private. Problem solved.

Or, don't trade your shit to people you don't know? I don't know how people get scammed. It boggles the mind.

I did know him, he frequently played SG, I didn't get scammed though I wouldn't trade my knife to basically anyone

Reply to Thread