? servers

? players online

Wireless router suggestions

• Content Count:  916

You should get main router with 5ghz support (this allows you having non-disrupted signal by others), then maybe 1 hotspot device which relays the signal from main router around the unreached part of your house by your main router. (I could be talking total shit though)

• Content Count:  6741

I'm not sure about the US but in the UK generally speaking when you go with an ISP you get a free router included. I would only go out and buy one if you have a large house and require a greater range or you need one for performance transfer over LAN..

• Content Count:  1330

I'm not sure about the US but in the UK generally speaking when you go with an ISP you get a free router included. I would only go out and buy one if you have a large house and require a greater range or you need one for performance transfer over LAN..

Unfortunately the router that comes with the ISP's here in my area are shitty b/g routers or all in one modem/router combo, ive tried both and they are just garbage.

Ive decided to go with this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320115&cm_re=rt_ac66-_-33-320-115-_-Product

• Content Count:  1747

What most people end up buying nowadays is not exactly what you need, and in your case, if you're looking for wireless connection, you SHOULD NOT be looking for routers or switches, but instead, wireless access points. Those tend to be cheaper than the routers with wireless bundled on it since, well, theres less crap inside it, so costs less to make and tend to be better. While I'm pretty sure you ordered the one you posted, if you didn't, check out the Ubiquiti Unifi AC Wireless Access Point.

• Content Count:  3052

Unfortunately the router that comes with the ISP's here in my area are shitty b/g routers or all in one modem/router combo, ive tried both and they are just garbage.

Ive decided to go with this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320115&cm_re=rt_ac66-_-33-320-115-_-Product

Solid pick. I got the Wireless N version of this thing... and it has been a beast.

• Content Count:  1330

What most people end up buying nowadays is not exactly what you need, and in your case, if you're looking for wireless connection, you SHOULD NOT be looking for routers or switches, but instead, wireless access points. Those tend to be cheaper than the routers with wireless bundled on it since, well, theres less crap inside it, so costs less to make and tend to be better. While I'm pretty sure you ordered the one you posted, if you didn't, check out the Ubiquiti Unifi AC Wireless Access Point.

Actually those are nifty, doing some research on them im actually considering it, and i haven't purchased anything yet. Still taking suggestions until we actually close on the house.

edit - So if im understanding this correctly (correct me if wrong) but you connect one to the modem and then it transmits a wireless signal to other ones while also being able to connect to it (and others) via wifi? I've never really seen these before but its peeked my interest.

Edited by McBride

Reply to Thread