? servers

? players online

Can someone explain Rockstar's logic here?

• Content Count:  2589

So backstory: I played GTA V/Online on my 360. I have not played it since March of 2015. In May of 2015 I received an email from rockstar saying my social club account was linked to a PSN ID. I do not own a playstation, and I went and removed the account link and have since changed the email and password on my social club account. Fast forward to now. Souce bought me GTA V on PC, so I went to transfer my character and was told that the character had already been transferred and I would be unable to do so again. I assume you can put two and two together. So I emailed them. This was their response after 2 weeks:

Hello Travis,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We apologize for the late reply.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues related to character transfers. We have reviewed your case and, unfortunately, we are unable to rollback the initial migration and/or allow the ability to transfer your character again.

For further details regarding the transfer process and policies, please refer to the below Knowledge Base article: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/articles/202892778

If you have any other support questions or concerns, please feel free to respond and let us know.

Best regards,

Andre C.

Rockstar Support

To which I responded

"transfer your character again" really bothers me as I never even transferred it in the first place. Very infuriating that I have to start over at level 1 after someone else used my login details and transferred my character

Which brings us to the thing I do not understand:

Hello Travis,

We understand the frustration and concern; however, the issue is there is indication in our records that shows the account was hacked. The tranfer was successful in it's process and shows no errors.

Per our policy, this is the account's one time tranfer. As stated prior, we are unable to rollback the initial migration and/or allow the ability to transfer your character again.

In case you missed it,

"the issue is there is indication in our records that shows the account was hacked. The tranfer was successful in it's process and shows no errors."

So correct me if I am wrong here, but they are saying that they do see my account was hacked, and that it was during that hacked time that my character was transferred. Shouldn't that fucking tell them that I didn't do it????????

Pardon me for being upset with this bullshit and having to start over from level 1.

• Content Count:  11725

Well; You cannot really get mad at them.

Per our policy, this is the account's one time tranfer. As stated prior, we are unable to rollback the initial migration and/or allow the ability to transfer your character again.

I played GTA5 on 360, One and PS4, got to like 50-70 on each of them however I am starting clean on PC.

You should be happy you can start over on a better platform and enjoy the progression.

Think of it as prestige;

Since Ahoy and I will be joining soon, we will be Rank 0.

I would email them again and ask if there is some kind of compensation however; I highly doubt they will.

At the end of the day; You are using their software, servers etc, they have rule over us and if this makes you not play GTA or play any rockstar game, your choice.

Just gotta accept it =s

Edited by Metal

Reply to Thread