? servers

? players online

Thinking About Buying a Hybrid?

• Content Count:  6242

I'd prefer that the automobile industry pushed hydrogen fuel cells instead of hybrids. Hydrogen fuel is much more efficient and eco friendly.

Only thing is right now hydrogen is not widely available, whereas hybrids you can get from almost any dealership. I think once and if hyrdogen becomes more available it might pick up. Of course, I'm not too learned up on hydrogen so I'm unsure of costs compared to gas. If you could help there that would be awesome to learn about that stuff!

• Content Count:  868

Trucks! on Spike TV had this thing on used cooking grease being a fuel source, claiming to be much better for your engine and vehicle parts than what you get out of the pump after you do certain things to it. I forget, I saw it a long time ago on TV.

Of course the downside is that your car will smell like a fast food restaurant going down the road.

• Content Count:  1938

Trucks! on Spike TV had this thing on used cooking grease being a fuel source, claiming to be much better for your engine and vehicle parts than what you get out of the pump after you do certain things to it. I forget, I saw it a long time ago on TV.

Of course the downside is that your car will smell like a fast food restaurant going down the road.

Yea its called bio diesel. It runs on processed vegetable oil, or even just raw vegetable oil. It not really all the expensive as well, I believe that it is only a couple hundred for the modification on a preexisting diesel engine.

• Content Count:  2306

Yea its called bio diesel. It runs on processed vegetable oil, or even just raw vegetable oil. It not really all the expensive as well, I believe that it is only a couple hundred for the modification on a preexisting diesel engine.

If Bio Diesel Ever Becomes A Viable Alternitive It Will No Longer Be Free And WIll Cost As Much As Gas Once Fast Food Places Realise That They Can Sell Their Used Oil Since Many People Want It.

• Content Count:  1938

If Bio Diesel Ever Becomes A Viable Alternitive It Will No Longer Be Free And WIll Cost As Much As Gas Once Fast Food Places Realise That They Can Sell Their Used Oil Since Many People Want It.

No one said that the fuel for Bio Diesel will be free, and the prices for such fuel will certainly not be as expensive as petrol. Petrol needs to be extracted, processed, and shipped. Fast food places actually have to pay to get rid of their used oil, so the price of taking it off of their hands would only be minute.

Bio Diesel will never catch on to big though, it is not a viable way of obtaining fuel for large masses. Currently the hybrid method is picking up speed, but hopefully it will switch over to hydrogen fuel soon. If it switches over to ethanol based fuel we will all be screwed.

• Content Count:  2959

Yeah, ethanol is... a mistake. Then again it's also a mistake that virtually everything in the US is either made of or contains significant amounts of corn. Hell, we don't even use sugar for soda anymore, that's why coke tastes better in some places in europe.

Reply to Thread