? servers

? players online

Scattergories Categories forum game! With prizes! (Testing Interest)

• Content Count:  1053

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14754[/ATTACH]

Hey Everyone! I'm going at it again, but this time with hopefully what will be an enjoyable forum game with prizes! Please keep in mind that this one will most likely be a test run for future ones.

Now i've been working on how i would be doing this for the last few days and i think i'm pretty close to what i am wanting although there may be some changes, so please stick with me here.

I have yet to decide when the first round will be as i am still currently working on more categories, but i hope to have it started within the next few days. I am wanting to see how much people would be wanting to participate so if you could comment or thank the post so that i could have an idea of what i'm getting myself into.

Also looking for people who would be willing to help me figure out some categories.

Now onto the prizes and game rules!

Prizes

First place - $30 to spend on Steam

Second place - $20 to spend on Steam

Third place - $10 to spend on Steam

Bonus prizes - At the end of the game, All participants will be entered into a random.org drawing for 3 prizes of $20 to spend on steam.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to play Scattergories

- At the beginning of each round I will pick a letter.

- With that letter comes a set of 5 categories. Each category could be about anything, from Steamgamers to potted plants, whatever.

- After the letter and categories are posted, each player has the announced time limit (most likely will be a full day) to answer the 5 categories. Each answer must start with the letter provided.

- There will be a google docs form provided for each round.

- Example Form: http://goo.gl/forms/IsncThq10x

- After the time limit ends (I will be checking timestamps) I will begin scoring the entries. Scoring is explained in the following section.

- After scoring the answers, I will post the results in the thread and update the OP (original post). The next round will begin within the next couple days after that. There will be a total of three rounds. The winners will be the 3 highest point totals.

Scoring

- Each unique answer (meaning no one else has the same answer) will receive 4 points

- In the event that there is more than one unique answer (meaning 3 people each have a unique answer that no one else has) each person will receive 2 points

- In the event that there are no unique answers, the answer with the next lowest common answers will each receive 1 point (must have no unique answers)

- Further examples on scoring will be provided in my full example game below.

Example round:

The Letter is A and the category is Name a Fruit

EX: 3 people have Apple and 1 person has Apricot.

- Scoring would be the person with Apricot would receive 4 points due to being the only unique answer.

EX: 3 people have Apple, 1 person has Apricot, and 1 person has Avocado

- Scoring would be the person with Apricot and the person with Avocado would each receive 2 points due to both being unique answers.

EX: 3 people have Apple and 2 people have Apricot

- Scoring would be the 2 people who have Apricot would each receive 1 point each due to no unique answers but still being the lowest common answer.

Stay tuned! I will be posting a new thread for each Round to help ensure people see the google form!

If you have any questions or are confused, feel free to just ask and hopefully i will know how to explain it.

Also looking for people who would be willing to help me figure out some categories.

*No shitting on the thread format allowed, i tried my best to keep it organized.

• Like 7
Edited by Ngo

• Content Count:  1053

Bonus prizes added - At the end of the game, All participants will be entered into a random.org drawing for 3 prizes of $20 to spend on steam.

Reply to Thread