? servers

? players online

Scattergories Categories! (Kickoff to Summer Bonus game) SG.Reg+

• Content Count:  1053

Hey all, as i've noted in the main Kickoff to Summer thread, this Scattergories will be a bonus game to go along with the main giveaway. These will be repeat forms of the previous Scattergories, so don't be surprised it's all the same questions. Please read the rules on how to play scattergories if you haven't already, bad entries will count.

> As the title stated, this will be a month long event! There will be multiple ways that entrants will have of winning prizes.

> The Steam summer sale is currently rumored to be from June 23rd to July 4th. This event will be to give people a chance to win some extra money to spend on those sales.

> Starting from Saturday June 11th all the way to Monday July 4th, I will be drawing 1 winner a day via Random.org for a total of 24 days. Each winner will receive $25 to spend within Steam for a total of $600 won.

> With the event revolving around the Steam summer sale, I encourage people who win on the days leading up to the sale to hold off on their choices until the sale is active. Though you will be able to use your steam credit immediately.

> In addition to the random drawings, there will be other ways to win spread out randomly until the Event ends. These can range from additional random drawings to games like Scattergories. These prizes will vary and won't be a set $25.

> Entrants will not be restricted from winning more than once, Prizes will be stacked if you win more than once. You're also allowed to donate your winnings to another person, but what kind of crazy person would give away free money right? :rlol:

> As with most of my other giveaways, this one will also be restricted to SG.Reg+. The reason i do this is because I believe in giving back to the community, the people who have put in the effort be it a Supporter, Admin, or just a normal joe who has put in the time to earn that rank.

I will update and bump the thread whenever I post a new Scattergories event. As the events are revolved around the Steam Summer Sale, i'd recommend if you win to just hold off on your choices until the sale hits to maximize your winnings. But of course you will also be able to use it immediately however you'd like as long as i can buy it with my steam wallet.

> > > > > > > > > > WAITING

Highest scorer will win a prize of to spend on Steam. SG.Reg+

Entries will be closed

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to play Scattergories

- At the beginning of each round I will pick a letter.

- With that letter comes a set of 5 categories. Each category could be about anything, from Steamgamers to potted plants, whatever.

- After the letter and categories are posted, each player has the announced time limit (most likely will be a full day) to answer the 5 categories. Each answer must start with the letter provided.

- There will be a google docs form provided for each round.

- Example Form: http://goo.gl/forms/IsncThq10x

- After the time limit ends (I will be checking timestamps) I will begin scoring the entries. Scoring is explained in the following section.

- After scoring the answers, I will post the results in the thread and update the OP (original post). The next round will begin within the next couple days after that. There will be a total of three rounds. The winners will be the 3 highest point totals.

Scoring

- Each unique answer (meaning no one else has the same answer) will receive 4 points

- In the event that there is more than one unique answer (meaning 3 people each have a unique answer that no one else has) each person will receive 2 points

- In the event that there are no unique answers, the answer with the next lowest common answers will each receive 1 point (must have no unique answers)

- Further examples on scoring will be provided in my full example game below.

Example round:

The Letter is A and the category is Name a Fruit

EX: 3 people have Apple and 1 person has Apricot.

- Scoring would be the person with Apricot would receive 4 points due to being the only unique answer.

EX: 3 people have Apple, 1 person has Apricot, and 1 person has Avocado

- Scoring would be the person with Apricot and the person with Avocado would each receive 2 points due to both being unique answers.

EX: 3 people have Apple and 2 people have Apricot

- Scoring would be the 2 people who have Apricot would each receive 1 point each due to no unique answers but still being the lowest common answer.

• Like 7
Edited by Ngo

• Content Count:  1719

OH SHIT, I DID NOT REALIZE THE LETTER WAS B, PLEASE REMOVE MY OLD FORM.

I didnt get the part about letters before I sent in my answer, but I figured it was Ok. lol. It wasn't.

• Like 1
Edited by Post

• Content Count:  163

Replied without having to look up any of them apart from the rivers/creaks one. I feel pretty confident in my general knowledge. I want to see how i fair against others. XD

• Content Count:  1053

Sorry for the delay, kept this open longer than i wanted. But anyways...

The winner of this round is @Stunningjam with 6 points, there were a few people tied for 2nd with 4 points.

Congrats to Stunning, you will receive a PM soon. Everyone else, good luck in the future!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread