? servers

? players online

Funding a giveaway group

• Content Count:  501

Gonna make this short and sweet since I'm exhausted atm. I was wondering if the board of directors would allow me to host and fund a steam group for SG that is dedicated to giveaways. I was thinking of doing some friendly giveaways where to enter, you have to register on the forums here. I've seen how big giveaway groups can get (100,000+ members) so was wondering if I could get the green light on this (like I said, I would be the one funding this).

• Content Count:  501

Pretty sure the raffle is exactly this, no ?

They come on the server, gather points, decide to join up to get more points ( or for whatever reason ) and ultimately possibly even get subscriber to get even more raffle points :o

Not really. Every day I would post a thread saying in giving away 25-100 game keys and to enter you need to register on the forums and post your account name. This would attract people to the community to begin with rather than maintain the current members like raffle is designed to do.

• Content Count:  6242

Well while you have a point, we have specifically chosen the way we do our giveaways to reward our current members. Not to discourage ways to get new people, but honestly I don't want to "bait" people into joining this place in the hopes of winning something.

And also, doing such things, rarely keeps people around. I've seen both online and real world proof of this concept and really its not a useful way to attract people.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread