? servers

? players online

Jumping while ordered to Crouch Walk or Shift Walk

• Content Count:  2589

Right now go about as normal and just assume it's implied like the older threads said.

I'm open to the idea of changing that so if anyone has anything to add to the conversation please do.

• Content Count:  2589

Talked to Wawa and got Onion's thoughts (when he was still AO :nuclearonion: ) and we've decided to change the ruling on this. The decision was made 3 years ago and we think its best to change it.

At the time that that rule was made, the reason behind it was that crouching and crouch jumping are two different things, and that when you jump you are no longer crouching as ordered. While I understand that point, I disagree and think that it is for the best to change it.

To be blunt,

If CTs do not want Ts to jump when going somewhere, they must specify no jumping.

Personally, I think that if you are crouching and jumping, the order to "crouch to pool" is still being fulfilled. And I very much think that your average player is going to think the same and by having no jumping be implied, you are only going to run into issues with some players not understanding that. I have said it myself, and I do agree, that we shouldn't need rules or stances for all 1,000,000 things people could come up with, but I see no harm in just having CTs tack on "no jumping" at the end of their order.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.