? servers

? players online

I want to donate a server to SG

• Content Count:  11

I have a couple of servers at a colo with 1GB lines, I would like to donate one server for zombies since I play there all the time. It is a dedicated box located in USA. I do not want any money I only want admin on this server

Specs are as follows, whoever runs this will get full SSH root access to server

Dual Xeon 5150 Preconfigured

2.66Ghz - 2 processors

4 Cores / 4 Threads

1GB Dedicated Line

• Content Count:  4960

I have a couple of servers at a colo with 1GB lines, I would like to donate one server for zombies since I play there all the time. It is a dedicated box located in USA. I do not want any money I only want admin on this server

Specs are as follows, whoever runs this will get full SSH root access to server

Dual Xeon 5150 Preconfigured

2.66Ghz - 2 processors

4 Cores / 4 Threads

1GB Dedicated Line

I'll answer this in the way that @Caution will probably reply:

NO

:nosm:

We fund our own servers with the money that is donated by our players. That way we aren't dependable from people like yourself and we still have full control with no risks of our own servers.

I'm sure the offer is appreciated, but I've been around long enough to see that the few attempts at your proposal went wrong.

Also, if you want to apply to be an Administrator on our servers, the correct procedure is done via here

Edited by Zaraki

• Content Count:  11

I'll answer this in the way that @Caution will probably reply:

NO

:nosm:

We fund our own servers with the money that is donated by our players. That way we aren't dependable from people like yourself and we still have full control with no risks of our own servers.

I'm sure the offer is appreciated, but I've been around long enough to see that the few attempts at your proposal went wrong.

Also, if you want to apply to be an Administrator on our servers, the correct procedure is done via here

This has nothing to do with admin, if I cared about admin I would get it already, trust me

Second, the server you guys run now is horrible for lag in fact its dying in popularity for this reason

Third, you have no idea what SSH root access is do you? simple terms, you own full control of the server

Mako last night had 7 players on it.. why? because the lag was unreal

Don't know where your donation money goes but upgrade your damn VPS and get a dedicated box, would be a start

I have no problem keeping the server for myself and not having any lag issues, maybe players might switch over ;)

• Content Count:  418

Actually the lack of players is due to a global listing issue, not cuz of lag.

On the matter of the lag, they're looking into it.

I get you have seemingly good intentions but your smartass remarks are going overboard.

• Content Count:  2589

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd :lock1: before this gets out of hand.

In short no. If a BD (most likely Caution, Xeno or Spiked would be my guesses) wants to elaborate more, they will. But money is not an issue we are having. We are aware of a sudden decline in ZE's population, and we are working on fixing the issue. Lag is a known issue that is constantly being looked into.

Also,

if I cared about admin I would get it already, trust me

Considering you have 10 forum posts, I have no idea who the hell you are, and your attitude in this thread, I would assume otherwise. We appreciate the offer, but I highly doubt that the BDs are going to take you up on this offer.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  2589

I just saw this

I have no problem keeping the server for myself and not having any lag issues, maybe players might switch over ;)

Lol, kid who the fuck do you think you are? I've literally never heard of you before today, and I already don't like you. You offer to donate your server to us, which is fine and dandy and I appreciate the kind gesture. Then you turn around and completely shit on us and claim "if I wanted admin I'd have it by now". Looking through just the first page of you chat history, you are a toxic fuck and you are talking about running your own ZE server to take away our players. Tell you what, I'll take you up on that offer. We've been around for what, 9 years now? We've have people on our team that know what the fuck they're talking about and doing. But by all means, I'd love to see what you can pull off.

Shouldn't be too hard since you have plenty of time to fart around with your own server since you're banned from ours. Best of luck with your server, and it was nice knowing you for the whole 30 minutes that I've seen your name.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  11501

Nope, and your request for admin is exactly why we don't take donated servers. I'm not giving anyone access to any of my servers unless they are an AO, TA, or BD. On top of that, you could cut the power to the server at any point in time you get upset or change your mind, which is a definite no-no.

Also, with an attitude like that, you will never become an admin here at SG.

• Like 9

Reply to Thread