? servers

? players online

Words in Video.

• Content Count:  1719

So recently i've been watching ALOT of TTT and JB funny moments. And I have realized that they put words in the video. I was wondering if maybe someone could teach me how to do that. Or make a "Dirty Tutorial" @SL4DE.

This depends a lot on what video editing program you are using.

If you are looking for something free I would suggest using windows movie maker or something like that.

This forum gave these guidelines to putting text into a project in windows movie maker. If you want to download Windows moviemaker (I think it should already be pre-installed with windows, not sure) google "windows movie maker to find a download. I can't provide one as I can only find versions in Norwegian xd

My recommendations to insert text in your videos are as follows:

1. Open Windows Movie Maker from the Start Menu.

2. Drag and Drop your Video clip in to the Timeline

3. Go to Tools and then select “Title and Credits”. After that select “add title on the selected clip on the timeline”.

4. Enter the appropriate title and text that you want in your video. After that click done.

5. After that drag and drop your video clip into the video timeline

6. Note the length of your movie Clip. If you want your Title and text to be present from the beginning of the clip to the end then adjust the “Title Overlay Settings”. Just drag the Title Overlay Ruler up to the end of the Video Clip.

7. To make the title go just below the video double click in the Title Overlay pane and click “Change the title animation”. After that select the animation you like. You can also increase the text and align placement of your text.

9. When you have finished adding titles and credits save the video clip (Press Ctrl P to save).

Hope this helps.

When I put text into my videos I use programs like Sony vegas 13. I wouldn't recommend getting it until you are at least semi-experienced with video editing, as it is a quite expensive piece of software.

Sony vegas can be bought here

Edited by Post

• Content Count:  202

It doesn't sound like you are, but if you're looking for a legit editing software that can do things like this, the Adobe suite is cheap for students and you pay monthly so you can try it out and see how you like it.

Not to hate on Sony Vegas (I used it a lot in high school) but Premiere is the industry standard and I would highly highly recommend that over Vegas.

It doesn't sound like you are, but if you're looking for a legit editing software that can do things like this, the Adobe suite is cheap for students and you pay monthly so you can try it out and see how you like it.

Not to hate on Sony Vegas (I used it a lot in high school) but Premiere is the industry standard and I would highly highly recommend that over Vegas.

It's true it's the industry standard, but I don't think halo is in the industry xd

As I said, sony vegas is what I use, but if you want to get into video editing hardcore,

learning adobe premiere is probably the way to go.

Feels bad to talk down the program I use, but premiere is the standards.

Though, right now I'd recommend you, Halo, to get windows movie maker :)

It's true it's the industry standard, but I don't think halo is in the industry xd

As I said, sony vegas is what I use, but if you want to get into video editing hardcore,

learning adobe premiere is probably the way to go.

Feels bad to talk down the program I use, but premiere is the standards.

Though, right now I'd recommend you, Halo, to get windows movie maker :)

Sorry to dis on Vegas lol. It really is a great program, but for the price it's just not worth it when Premiere can do everything Vegas can plus more and without the crashing, and it's workflow with After Effects and Illustrator and what not is just so easy to use. To be fair I haven't used Vegas since version 10, but I remember it having a lot of problems with timelines longer then 10 minutes or so.

Post is right though, just stick with something like Windows Movie Maker for now.

• Like 1

Sorry to dis on Vegas lol. It really is a great program, but for the price it's just not worth it when Premiere can do everything Vegas can plus more and without the crashing, and it's workflow with After Effects and Illustrator and what not is just so easy to use. To be fair I haven't used Vegas since version 10, but I remember it having a lot of problems with timelines longer then 10 minutes or so.

Post is right though, just stick with something like Windows Movie Maker for now.

it still crashes. a lot.

But I dont have the time to learn new shit xd

it still crashes. a lot.

But I dont have the time to learn new shit xd

The transition from Vegas to Premiere is not that hard at all. Apart from relearning where things are and possible learning new shortcuts, it's very similar. If you're into editing it's worth it to learn, especially if you're trying to do this professionally.

One thing that might trip you up is that to make a cut in Premiere (or any other NLE really) it's a separate tool then a mouse click, as opposed to just a key click. There's a reason for this that I won't get into.

Premiere functions a lot like AVID, so it's very useful to learn Premiere since it will be that much easier to jump into AVID if you're looking to do that in life.

Reply to Thread