? servers

? players online

Words in Video.

• Content Count:  4441

I'm guessing you can't afford anything like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas so I would just use Windows Movie Maker.

Windows Movie Maker is extremely simple and you would actually need to have some form of mental disability to have trouble using it.

VEGAS is better for more complicated projects and is capable of some pretty good animation, 3D editing and IMO better subtitles.

VEGAS by itself is far better than Premiere in the right hands.

As far as editing goes there is no "industry" standard as Ham said.

If there was an industry standard for Movies it would be Avid and FCP. For something like higher-end YouTube videos most of the time its a mix of Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro 13, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

• Content Count:  470

Adding words to videos takes a lot of time. Usually when I make about a 7 minute video, it takes about 10 hours. Subtitles make up a bunch of those hours. However, I feel the videos are much better with them. I'll help u out on steam if I have any questions. I also use Sony Vegas pro 12, don't ask how I got it ;)

• Content Count:  202

I'm guessing you can't afford anything like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas so I would just use Windows Movie Maker.

Windows Movie Maker is extremely simple and you would actually need to have some form of mental disability to have trouble using it.

VEGAS is better for more complicated projects and is capable of some pretty good animation, 3D editing and IMO better subtitles.

VEGAS by itself is far better than Premiere in the right hands.

As far as editing goes there is no "industry" standard as Ham said.

If there was an industry standard for Movies it would be Avid and FCP. For something like higher-end YouTube videos most of the time its a mix of Final Cut Pro, Vegas Pro 13, and Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Not trying to be a turd or anything here but I do this shit for a living. Premiere is the industry standard for video editing. Avid is the standard for long form projects like feature films because of its ability to handle large projects with large files; I'm talking like 8K RAW files from multiple RED cameras.

Vegas, although it is a powerful and capable tool, is in no way meant for "complicated" projects. There is a reason that no one in the professional world uses Vegas. I loved Vegas, but I quickly realized this fact and adapted.

I guess Vegas has 3D now because I don't remember it ever having that ability outside of plugins, but I would bet that After Effects is a far more capable tool for that.

You would have been right about Final Cut like 5 years ago, but ever since FCX was a thing, the entire industry has moved on to Premiere apart from a few post houses that have become too use to Mac.

Premiere is 100% the standard, but that's not important for this thread... just have to make sure the right information is out there though.

Reply to Thread