? servers

? players online

The Issue of Tags?

• Content Count:  25

Hello, I'm Toaster from the Jail Break server. One day I place the tag of [GS] in front of my name as a joke towards admins who have the [sG] Tag, but why do admins tell me to stop usng the tag, I'm not impersonating an admin or advertising, I'm simply just making a funny joke. As I was used this tag for one day and no admin even mentioned. Next day and im told to remove it.

• Content Count:  1719

Hello, I'm Toaster from the Jail Break server. One day I place the tag of [GS] in front of my name as a joke towards admins who have the [sG] Tag, but why do admins tell me to stop usng the tag, I'm not impersonating an admin or advertising, I'm simply just making a funny joke. As I was used this tag for one day and no admin even mentioned. Next day and im told to remove it.

The problem with the [GS] tag is that it causes confusion.

It's pretty obvious in my opinion. @XeNo can probably elaborate.

• Content Count:  6465

The point of the tag is to cause confusion and for it to be similar to our Admin tag. You aren't a legitimate group, as you said it's just a joke. If it's just a joke why do you care if we ask you not to use it?

Honestly the best proof I can provide to you that it causes confusion is because when I joined TTT last night and I glanced at the scoreboard, I asked myself if we ever had an Admin named "Toaster", then I realized your tag was GS instead of SG and instead wondered what group you're from, and realized you're part of nothing and the GS just stands for "GaySteamers" which is mocking the community. I get you are having a joke and you think it's funny, but the tag at a glance makes you look like one of our Admins. While you may not intentionally try to impersonate being an Admin, your actions on the servers could accidentally get inferred as the actions of an Admin because your tag is so similar.

In the past we have had players who join our servers and they will tag up with [sG] and we ask them to remove it, that it's only for our Admins. If those individuals then changed their tag to [GS] and say, "It's not the same anymore!!!" I have never had an issue with Admins punishing them for being a smart ass. In my opinion, this should be taken across the board and your tag joke should end. If we say yeah it's okay, then more people will be encouraged to have very similar tags to our Admins, it's a slippery slope. If allowed, more people will tag up with just [GS] and we'll have a server filled with a bunch of [GS] and [sG] and it will be obnoxious for new players to sort out the Admins from the idiots having a laugh since they won't know the Admins by name.

• Like 10

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.