Global rtv time for all servers?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Global rtv time for all servers?

RTV default time

• Content Count:  6712

Untrue.

It depends on the percentage of the people that RTV. :wink:

It isnt set for just how many people need to rtv. :glare:

Its on the percentage of the people that are in that need to rtv to start a map vote. :cool:

Like it could be set on 60% of the people.

And then when your with 20 people 12 rtv and a mapvote starts.

The same is with lesser people or more. the number of people needed to change, changes when more people join or leave.

and setting the time on 0 minutes would cause chaos because then everymap gets RTVed untill the one map they want is on. And that could take ages before there on it :huh:

I know, which is exactly why it doesn't matter.

If the massive percentage of people want a map change, then its obvious you should let them. No point preventing them playing maps they want to play or they might leave.

• Content Count:  19

It should definitely be at least 10 minutes, because to some of the players that like certain maps, like Lost World, they can at least spend some play time on the map before the people that dislike the map can type rtv so quickly that other people didn't even play 1 full round and nominate and vote for their favorite map...like Trap Escape.....:sneaky2:

• Content Count:  158

I think the RTV time of 5 minutes is good enough, because it allows everyone a chance to change the map quickly enough. Getting 10 minute RTV's might be a little long if we land on those "particular maps" that cause everyone to moan and groan lol. Giving variety and control to users I feel is a good way to keep them coming back :).

• Content Count:  4198

A simpler idea is to make the button 1 option say "Ban me please".

No? Well then perhaps you could make the button 1 option simply be a disregard vote. Meaning that if you press 1, it doesn't have any effect on the map decision and you therefore become invalid in the voting process. This should help people choose better maps because the, and I still use this term lightly, more intelligent of us will actually have a look through the list of options and more favourable maps will appear more frequently.

• Content Count:  372

10 minutes atleast in my opinion. While people will moan about a map they don't like, I don't see how ten minutes is such a hard time. Seriously, someone can't play a map for 10 mins?

I see continuously changing maps just as problematic as people leaving. Pretty annoying when a map change comes up after only 1-3 rounds has been played. Either or, those so called horrible maps will be comming back anyways, only faster.

Reply to Thread