? servers

? players online

New Inferno

• Content Count:  202

I don't want to judge the map without playing it, but some of these changes just don't make sense. One of the big complaints of the old Inferno was banana. Without any cover for the Ts, I feel like Inferno will become like Cobble where everyone usually just goes to one site and forgets the other (in this case, only going A). I loved Inferno and honestly didn't think it needed a whole lot of change. Opening the map up is fine in most cases, but banana needed to also have some cover worked in if they were going to do that.

Also, no bells. RIP.

• Content Count:  2230

Inferno is a map that I've always loved playing - even though I know many people hate it.

A large amount of the updates are actually alright. It may just partially be the 'strip and stretch' that many people frown upon, but at the same time stretching the map heightens the skill required in different situations rather than a condensed hallway where a greater number of less skilled players would be able to hit the same easy shots. I understand a change like that, though I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I dislike the banana from a first look, but I guess I'd have to play to see how it is. I don't really like the pit, I feel that it did need changing, but I can't say I agree with the direction they took on this newer version. I'm stuck on my opinion of the apps and don't like mid being smaller. Of course I personally think that the skybox shown in that video is awful, but I'm not even going to comment on that, no point. The main thing I will say is that there are many 'little parts' of inferno that I quite liked. Things that I felt that I could use in my games that were easy to counter, but enemies just didn't always think of it and with there being so many different things it brings variety (makes it more interesting to see how pro's utilize the little features and whether each knows how to counter the others). Something like the gap at new box, I personally liked it and at the same time found it very easy to counter when playing against it, but many hated it so rip. The map does genuinely look nice in a good few areas, but I'm mostly trying to just look at how the game will play out.

tl;dr: Has its ups and it's 'hm not sure yet', no idea really whether it will be positive or negative until I've played enough to try different areas.

Edited by Luke
map > mad

Reply to Thread