? servers

? players online

Job Application

• Content Count:  501

So I'm applying for a part time job at BK, while I'm not in school. I spoke with the manager over the phone yesterday, and we scheduled a meeting for tomorrow to see about getting a job.

I'm not worried about the interview itself, as its BK (Burger King) not a very detailed job lol, but I'm concerned about my appearance. While I'm a junior and am 16, I am only 5"1, so I'm very short. I'm worried that I won't be taken seriously because of my height, thoughts?

• Content Count:  2589

Height won't matter. Show up in a nice pair of jeans, polo shirt would be fine as well. Just walk up to the counter and politely ask to speak to the manager. If you know the manager's name, politely ask to speak to . Idk how things are in Jersey, but if its considered polite and normal to say Mr or Ms, then ask to speak to Mr/Ms . When they walk up, shake their hand, introduce yourself and say something about you are there for the job interview. They'll prob lead you to somewhere to sit and talk. Just be relaxed and polite when talking to them. Your body language will speak more for your appearance than anything. Just dress business casual like I said, and try to make note of your posture. Also if you already have facial hair, be sure to either just shave it all off, or trim it to where it looks nice. Same goes with your hair. Just make sure its well kept and brushed or styled in a presentable manner.

Really, just don't overthink it.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  261

Just wear some nice clothes that look presentable. All you really have to do is talk with confidence and they will most likely hire you. Height shouldn't matter at all.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

Don't wear a Slayer shirt and joggings like I did and you should be fine.

Jokes appart, be confident and, without lying, show a bit what you're worth. Give yourself some credit and show him your qualities. If he asks you about the wage or schedule, to have the job, you'll have to be pretty free and not too hungry on the wage. Your height won't matter UNLESS it slows you down at working, which shouldn't be the case at a fast food, since I've worked there and there were old women tall like you are.

Good luck buddy, keep us updated ;)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  176

I'm an assistant manager for a Papa Johns and height has never been a concern for me so I'll tell you what I look for when first meeting someone for an interview.

I look to see if they're presentable. So don't go in looking like a bum. A nice pair of jeans or khakis with a polo shirt will do you just fine. Make sure you're face is shaved if you have facial hair and make sure your hair looks nice too. You don't need to go in looking like you're apply for some big time job but you have to look decent.

Next is attitude. This includes body language, facial expression, tone of voice, etc. Make sure you're sitting up straight, your face doesn't look like you're miserable but that you're happy for their time, and lastly speak with confidence. Make sure you're enunciating your words and speaking like you're looking forward to be working their.

Honestly sitting through a job interview is easier than giving them. Good luck, you'll do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reply to Thread