? servers

? players online

Job Application Part 2

• Content Count:  501

Ok, so as some of you know, I was going in for my interview at BK today. This went a bit weird....

1. When I went in and asked to speak to Rene (he's the manager), he came over and said immediately that he was sorry but I had to be 16 to apply for the job.

2. After telling him my proper age and who I was, he made a crude gesture about how my voice sounded older when we had talked over the phone.

3. While we were talking he told me that I was consistently mumbling, when I was clearly speaking loudly.

4. 10 mins into speaking with him in in his "office", he told me that he was really busy and if I could come back at the same time tomorrow. I don't know how he could be that busy when the restraunt was literally so slow.

5. The only thing he liked was my piercings and that I was willing to work everyday.

So all in all, he was kind of nice, but he did some random stuff. I'm confused to whether he's just a dickhead or if he was pulling some sort of "test" on me to see how I would react in the case of a customer being rude to me. Nonetheless I'm coming back tomorrow like he asked. thoughts?

Edit : yes I now realize that I fucked up the spelling of "Application" in the thread title so badly xD

• Content Count:  202

Those are some red flags if I've ever seen them. Not that you really have a lot of choices for a first job, but yeah I'd definitely look elsewhere. I know I mentioned it in another thread but I highly suggest working at Staples as a first job. You can be an Easy Tech Associate selling computers and other technology to people. You make over minimum wage plus commission from your sales. A bit more variety in your work then fast food since you get I talk to people. Plus Staples was such an easy job when I worked there way back when.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

Don't forget that a job application gives you experience.

Don't see it as wasted time, but an opportunity that sadly resulted in a negative result.

Go back tomorrow and be friendly ;)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  501

Those are some red flags if I've ever seen them. Not that you really have a lot of choices for a first job, but yeah I'd definitely look elsewhere. I know I mentioned it in another thread but I highly suggest working at Staples as a first job. You can be an Easy Tech Associate selling computers and other technology to people. You make over minimum wage plus commission from your sales. A bit more variety in your work then fast food since you get I talk to people. Plus Staples was such an easy job when I worked there way back when.

Meh, I live in a small countryside town, so limited choices.

• Content Count:  3205

Ok, so as some of you know, I was going in for my interview at BK today. This went a bit weird....

1. When I went in and asked to speak to Rene (he's the manager), he came over and said immediately that he was sorry but I had to be 16 to apply for the job.

2. After telling him my proper age and who I was, he made a crude gesture about how my voice sounded older when we had talked over the phone.

3. While we were talking he told me that I was consistently mumbling, when I was clearly speaking loudly.

4. 10 mins into speaking with him in in his "office", he told me that he was really busy and if I could come back at the same time tomorrow. I don't know how he could be that busy when the restaurant was literally so slow.

5. The only thing he liked was my piercings and that I was willing to work everyday.

So all in all, he was kind of nice, but he did some random stuff. I'm confused to whether he's just a dickhead or if he was pulling some sort of "test" on me to see how I would react in the case of a customer being rude to me. Nonetheless I'm coming back tomorrow like he asked. thoughts?

Edit : yes I now realize that I fucked up the spelling of "Application" in the thread title so badly xD

Dude forget that idiot and the place. There are no tests working in a simple fast food place, just showing up and putting on a fake smile. The only things you're gonna face are people being impatient and rude over a mistake. If you really need that job then do whatever, just look at the employees faces when you enter next time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  261

Literally what happened at my first job interview. Manager never called me back after that and refuses to look at me when I sit down to eat there. Gotta move on though :p

• Like 1

Reply to Thread