? servers

? players online

Remove this map from the server?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this map from the server?

jb_tropical_island removal

• Content Count:  13

Hey guys, just wanted to say first that even if you do choose to remove the map, it's fine by me no hard feelings.

I do appreciate the discussion and constructive criticism.

As mentioned above i did find the problem that caused my map to weigh way more than it should of have.

I have just reduced it by 45% in size, which should make it an above average map size, but not huge like it used to be.

Car problem: will be fixed in the next update.

Now the balancing issue.

I personally play a lot of Jailbreak on a different community (different lang so not much of a competitor to you guys)

In my community the CT's are usually a bit more experienced and so are the rebels.

Which makes the rounds more interesting in that sense(a lot of fighting and then playing normal instead of freedays like you guys describe)

I made the map T sided intentionally because i really liked maps that had that aspect (clouds? lego? ba jail rebel?)

I understand it might not fit this communitys play style (on my community for instance we play with sv airaccelerate 100, and a parachute)

About the boats - i will look into that, some things you can't account for until you see them in game.

BTW - there is a portal to the other island, you don't have to use the boats.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  13

New version being uploaded right now(will take a few hrs)

jb_tropical_island_v2.

Mainly:

BSP size reduced,Down to 139mb un-packed, 47mb packed with 7zip).

Fixed the bug with car being able to escape its chamber.

Removed the Jetpack at CT spawn. all other Jetpacks remain. (2 others jetpacks, that only spawn at "Rebel day", one on top of offices and one on top of KZ).

Added a small boat behind CT spawn, only 1 driver can drive it at a time. (Experimental don't be surprised if doesn't work).

Other minor changes.

Also not sure what caused the boats bug but i have changed their behavior to try and fix them.

• Like 6
Edited by Krest`

• Content Count:  2001

New version being uploaded right now(will take a few hrs)

jb_tropical_island_v2.

Mainly:

BSP size reduced,Down to 139mb un-packed, 47mb packed with 7zip).

Fixed the bug with car being able to escape its chamber.

Removed the Jetpack at CT spawn. all other Jetpacks remain. (2 others jetpacks, that only spawn at "Rebel day", one on top of offices and one on top of KZ).

Added a small boat behind CT spawn, only 1 driver can drive it at a time. (Experimental don't be surprised if doesn't work).

Other minor changes.

Also not sure what caused the boats bug but i have changed their behavior to try and fix them.

Hey I just wanted to thank you on behalf of our community. It is not often we get the map makers on our forums and listen to our requests and I know myself as well as the other JB regulars really appreciate it!

Added the new version!

• Like 3
Edited by Jake