? servers

? players online

Disappearing gas mystery

• Content Count:  418

Ok, so I got myself a bit of a mystery here. My dad goes to get gas for his car. He puts in 7 gallons and the car is now full. Now let's just say that the car gets at least 10mpg, it gets more but just for the sake of the argument it gets 10. Should get at LEAST 70 miles. So about 30 or so miles are driven after gas is gotten. Car seems to stop, breaking down after leaving my house one day, about 2 miles out our road. I figure that, since the car has been having problems recently, it just broke down or what not. My dad calls a tow, off it goes to a nearby repair shop. They say that it is not broke down, but out of gas. My dad explains there's no way it's out of gas unless it's been leaking out or stolen. The guy checks the tank, no punctures, line isn't cut, gas was NOT siphoned. The guy said he knows it was not siphoned (we know the guy, he's trustworthy, he wouldn't lie or anything). So where'd the gas go?? No one at the repair shop can give a good answer, my parents don't know either.

Here's what I've come up with. The gas pump wasn't pumping gas when my dad thought it was. When I said this, he said that the pump clicked, and the empty light went out, probably safe to assume gas went in.

If anyone has any idea as to what happened pls halp. :confused1::confused1::confused1:

Also it was not a charcoal filter related problem. (if you don't know what this is don't worry about it)

• Content Count:  3440

Unless you have a locking gas cap, there is no possible way that you can prove it wasn't siphoned.

Either a leak that only happens under pressure (ie: when the cars fuel pump is running), or a siphoning... that's about it.

That or the gas stations pump is defective and charged you for more fuel than it gave you.

Yes it can only be opened from the inside. And since the doors are really hard to get in to unless you lean on them the correct way while opening. Car got a lotta problems but some prevent burglary lel. Also the car was not parked anywhere long enough for someone to siphon gas. At my house my dad has a security camera and he went back and watched to see if anyone came out and siphoned gas. Nothin'. It literally just disappeared. GLOBAL WARMIN OR SOMETHIN MAN IDK

• Content Count:  3440

You'd be surprised how easily those covers can be opened without getting in the car... but yeah, if he has surveillance cams and nothing shows up... the next thing I would look at is not using that same pump at the gas station.

I'm pretty convinced there's some conspiracy where occasionally the pumps don't even give you gas, and you'd never know since most people don't wait until their tank is completely empty to fill it up. Massive win-win for gas companies. No reason they wouldn't do something like that really.

• Content Count:  4441

I'm pretty convinced there's some conspiracy where occasionally the pumps don't even give you gas, and you'd never know since most people don't wait until their tank is completely empty to fill it up. Massive win-win for gas companies. No reason they wouldn't do something like that really.

Are you trolling?

• Like 1

Well there's videos on YouTube about the price per gallon changing as you pump gas, so it's hard to tell what's happening anymore. (price shows like $2 and mid-pumping it goes up to $2.30, definitely look it up)

Reply to Thread