? servers

? players online

Worst Retail Stories

• Content Count:  330

okay so YESTERDAY i had this guy call up and go "is there anyway that we can copy passport pictures so i can have an extra copy" me being the nice person i am said "if you bring the original pictures we should be able to figure something out." thinking that he just needed an extra copy in case he loses it.

well he comes in and has TWO DIFFERENT passport pictures that he wants FOUR copies of. Now i know i brought it to myself but it was still like dude come on really. So because i said we could do it he was arguing with me about doing it because i told him we could and then i said we couldn't. So i scan the pictures and print and cut them and he goes "there is a spec on this picture" so i scan it again but it came out wrong so i had to scan it again. i spent at least a half hour with this douche. eventually i literally said "i have other things i have to do so however these ones come out that is how you are going to take them" he said "fine"

after that whole ordeal i had to go to the breaker room and scream for a second. Retail blows dicks

• Content Count:  1438

@ExRev, dude... I absolutely feel your pain.

My situation isn't exactly the same, but sort of similar.

So I've been at my job for almost three years. I'm a pretty decent worker, I've gotten employee of the month, whatever. If a manager wasn't on the shift I was working, I was "in charge" for that shift, so I would handle all the customer complaints, designate tasks, all that jazz. I don't get extra pay for it, and honestly I feel like I deserve a raise, but I'll get to that later.

We've recently have undergone a management change, so our store manager and shift lead went to different stores (we have a store manager, comanager, and shift lead). My previous managers weren't the best but at least they were there and did most of their tasks, and I was able to just do what I've been doing for, you know, the past three years.

So we received a different store manager, and man, I can't even begin to describe the issues with this dude. Before he had even officially transferred here, I heard NUMEROUS complaints from previous coworkers, and other people who had worked with him at his store.

Normally when different management comes to a different store, they just look at how things run and slowly make changes, right? NOPE. This dude spent his entire first two days just rearranging the store to how he wanted it, and then had the audacity to leave management work for me (mind you, I'm NOT a manager). He's fired several people already (with whom he's had personal issues with), and rehired people who worked at his store. He's a completely by-the-book type of guy, which is fine, but if we do one thing that is "not by the book," like accidentally running on someone else's register, wearing a jacket when it's cold, we get written up. He will constantly bug you and follow you around to see what you're doing. Which would be fine, but in my case, I already know what I'm doing and have a set schedule when I'm working.

This would all be better if he was performing as a store manager should, but he isn't. The past four shifts that I've worked have been shorthanded, and he had WEEKS to figure out who to cover those shifts. He leaves all the work for second shift, and of course, I'm getting put as "manager on duty" to fill in for the lack of management. Mind you, I have already went to higher-ups to request a raise but I don't see how someone who's been at the company for three years should be making the same amount as someone who has been there for six months, even if minimum wage has increased.

All in all, I don't make enough money to deal with this bologna and I'm planning on leaving the company VERY soon, lol.

(That way I can stop complaining so much on here. c;)

• Like 1
Edited by Charliere

Reply to Thread