? servers

? players online

best headset?

• Content Count:  2959

^^^ bad idea, USB headphones and anything that claims to be "gaming" or "surround" is very likely a POS. If you have basic integrated it might not make a difference but if you've got any form of half-way decent soundcard (like my EAX 3.0 audigy was) then you wont get any hardware sound with a USB headset afaik since it wont be going through the soundcard. I might be wrong about that but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

That aside gaming headsets are usually marketting gimmicks and surround headsets are just physically silly. Sticking multiple speakers in the tiny space of headphones is a joke, they're too close together to get the surround sound effect and they're so tiny you're going to get worse sound out of them. Plus that many tiny tiny parts means a much greater chance of something breaking.

I've been using headphones pretty much my entire gaming life (since you could pick Tandy in sound options of games basically) and after the bajillion sets I've used I've found it really is better to get a good quality set in the style most comfortable for you. If you absolutely must spend less than $30 then the plantronics audio .90's are amazing for how cheap they are from office depot, very soft and comfortable, and the microphone is really good.

As for meeces if you get a logitech or razer you can't go wrong, just pick whichever style you prefer holding. Logitech's more for holding the mouse with your whole hand and palm and most people i know with razers tend to use their fingertips since they're generally smaller and lower profile.

• Content Count:  602

^^^ bad idea, USB headphones and anything that claims to be "gaming" or "surround" is very likely a POS. If you have basic integrated it might not make a difference but if you've got any form of half-way decent soundcard (like my EAX 3.0 audigy was) then you wont get any hardware sound with a USB headset afaik since it wont be going through the soundcard. I might be wrong about that but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

That aside gaming headsets are usually marketting gimmicks and surround headsets are just physically silly. Sticking multiple speakers in the tiny space of headphones is a joke, they're too close together to get the surround sound effect and they're so tiny you're going to get worse sound out of them. Plus that many tiny tiny parts means a much greater chance of something breaking.

I've been using headphones pretty much my entire gaming life (since you could pick Tandy in sound options of games basically) and after the bajillion sets I've used I've found it really is better to get a good quality set in the style most comfortable for you. If you absolutely must spend less than $30 then the plantronics audio .90's are amazing for how cheap they are from office depot, very soft and comfortable, and the microphone is really good.

As for meeces if you get a logitech or razer you can't go wrong, just pick whichever style you prefer holding. Logitech's more for holding the mouse with your whole hand and palm and most people i know with razers tend to use their fingertips since they're generally smaller and lower profile.

lol meeces..

good tips, newegg didnt have the 90, but im looking at this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106069

• Content Count:  2433

I just use a normal mic thats supposed to sit ontop of your computer, but I put it ontop of a Purell bottle thats infront of me, so its close enough for people to hear. Works out fine.

Reply to Thread