? servers

? players online

Valve ban steam in my country forever?

• Content Count:  288

Hi everyone. It been a while. I have an announcement that my country have been banned steam in 8/9/2017.im so disappointed that I can't play csgo and Dota 2. I think this is goodbye to all steam gamer member, admin and all my friends. I have so much fun playing with you guys.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6759

I swear I just saw a reddit thread about this happen to another person. I'm trying to find it.

Edit:

Aren't you only blocked from the store? You should be able to play the servers though. If not then people on all these reddit threads say change your DNS to Google's Public DNS.

I can't post the link atm but if you look up on Google, "Configure your network settings to use Google Public DNS", then you'll find the guide to do it and should be fine on steam again

Edited by Black Rain

• Content Count:  6242

There's a thread in the Steam reddit at the top, can't link cause thats one of the many things broken on the forum atm. Its his country blocking Steam, not the other way around. They have a problem with a "controversial" game. Its unlikely to be fixed unless Steam removes it from their store. I doubt region locking will appease these deniers of free speech.

Reply to Thread