? servers

? players online

Racism Rule

• Content Count:  22

i love this server and dont want to be banned (again) but a couple admins got touchy when i asked them "why isnt calling someone a cracker the same offence when someone calls someone the n word?" i do not believe i was being rude, i think i have screen shots posted on my steam. if the rule isnt about racism and only about the n word they should change the rule to that. however if the rule is no racism i believe that calling someone a cracker should be punished the same ways as the n word (this doesnt happen as far as i know), please comment on this (multiple admins) i really want to know your feedback on this. thank you

• Content Count:  305

i love this server and dont want to be banned (again) but a couple admins got touchy when i asked them "why isnt calling someone a cracker the same offence when someone calls someone the n word?" i do not believe i was being rude, i think i have screen shots posted on my steam. if the rule isnt about racism and only about the n word they should change the rule to that. however if the rule is no racism i believe that calling someone a cracker should be punished the same ways as the n word (this doesnt happen as far as i know), please comment on this (multiple admins) i really want to know your feedback on this. thank you

Hello @IrohOzaii ! This can happen, and most of the time punishments will take place for this. You were not being rude and, in fact, the only reason I asked that you would stop bringing it up, is because people will take this and run with it, which naturally causes problems. Here is SG's racism policy. The policy is not just about one word, it can be anything. We do not allow any form of racism and we do not accept people trying to get around racism. If the term "cracker" is used in a derogatory sense, and you are offended, let me know and I will fix it. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me on steam :)

• Like 3

• Content Count:  45

I believe "cracker" isn't much of a racist term to some extent, since we weren't whipped and called slaves and *n*ers. It could be considered as some offensive material, but On the other hand, it could be used in a joking way.

It's not very racist to me, and I wouldn't consider it racist in my book, but That's just me.

I don't necessarily think this should be a rule depending on the vulgarity used in the sentence with the word cracker in it.

• Like 1
Edited by purge

• Content Count:  147

I am a cracker lol. I don't get salty or offended when someone calls me a type of fucking food lol. Theres a difference between a word which has been tied into slavery and hatred for decades over a food. Yes still racist but come on, you cant be that offended when someone calls you a fucking cracker. That's way different to the n word.

Reply to Thread