? servers

? players online

Are you excited about WoW Vanilla?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about WoW Vanilla?

WoW Vanilla is coming back!

• Content Count:  954

Illegal private vanilla WoW servers are doing great because of the demand from players. This is probably why Blizzard are doing this, because it's obviously a market for it that has stayed alive ever since TBC came out for players who prefered vanilla.

Back in 2016, Blizzard issued a shutdown of Nostalrius, the biggest vanilla private server, and then proceeded to have a meeting with them. I'm 90% sure the main code for Classic is sourced from Nostalrius, and the 2 heads of development for Nostalrius are going to be involved with the development of Classic.

However, WoW classic also allows for others to go through ALL expansions, i.e. BC, Wrath, Cataclysm, Mists, and WoD.

It stops at Wrath. If they go past Wrath, they'd be stupid. Very few people want to go back to Cata-era WoW, and NOBODY wants to go back to WoD-era WoW.

• Content Count:  1469

who the fuck wants to play wow anymore the only people that still want to play are people who hope to have the same glory days but in the end the game had its highest point and will never be the same just like the game maplestory FeelsBadMan

• Content Count:  1719

It stops at Wrath. If they go past Wrath, they'd be stupid. Very few people want to go back to Cata-era WoW, and NOBODY wants to go back to WoD-era WoW.

Obviously it stops at vanilla. They said it would be vanilla repeatedly on Blizzcon. (Which I am thankful for)

• Content Count:  1300

Never had any interest in Vanilla. Nice to see they listened but I won't be playing it. Real question is will it be vanilla, or vanilla with some improvements.

Hope it's real vanilla and not something like project60 which is kinda bs imo.

• Content Count:  642

I would only play if its the full vanilla experience none of the quality of life changes or other non vanilla changes that wow has now. make it just as difficult as it used to be or there is no point in make vanilla servers.

Also if vanilla went well i wouldnt mind seeing them rolling out servers for TBC, while still maintaining some vanilla servers.

Reply to Thread