? servers

? players online

Jailbreak - Mapping Competition???

• Content Count:  4441

How would you guys feel about a mapping competition for Jailbreak (this question is directed at both players and mappers)?

Jailbreak has been very low on new, good maps for the servers and we could really use some stuff to mix it up. The server is frankly getting kind of stale playing the same 5-6 maps on rotation. If the mappers don't want to make Jailbreak maps I was thinking we could do a General mapping competition, but if you people are seriously interested I'll put something together as I think it'll help our servers and likely produce some very good entries.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

I have thought about doing a jailbreak map.

However...

They're above my levels, especially with the minigames. And to be frank, there's a reason only 5-6 maps that are played. If we made another 3 maps, they'd likely end in the unplayed batch. Jailbreak is a special server, and vip/razor/space are all clones. The only anomaly would be summer. These 3 are made in such a way, they're all simple deathmatch maps.

I tried introducing black_ops, which was popular in the gmod days, wasn't working.

I'd be up for a general map competition though :)

I have thought about doing a jailbreak map.

However...

They're above my levels, especially with the minigames. And to be frank, there's a reason only 5-6 maps that are played. If we made another 3 maps, they'd likely end in the unplayed batch. Jailbreak is a special server, and vip/razor/space are all clones. The only anomaly would be summer. These 3 are made in such a way, they're all simple deathmatch maps.

I tried introducing black_ops, which was popular in the gmod days, wasn't working.

I'd be up for a general map competition though :)

I have to strongly disagree.

There are many maps which aren't Razor clones that do well, the thing that these other maps fuck up is that the layouts are shitty and that turns regulars off of maps extremely easily.

Legojail, SpyVSSpy, Summerjail, MinecraftParty, Moonjail, Outdoorjail, Clouds, Undertale are all other maps which are played extremely often that aren't close to a Razor clone.

Edited by All Ts
misspell

I have to strongly disagree.

There are many maps which aren't Razor clones that do well, the thing that these other maps fuck up is that the layouts are shitty and that turns regulars off of maps extremely easily.

Legojail, SpyVSSpy, Summerjail, MinecraftParty, Moonjail, Outdoorjail, Clouds, Undertale are all other maps which are played extremely often that aren't close to a Razor clone.

I give you a point, I had forgotten about those. Thing is,

These maps are played only when clones are recently played and/or no one nominated one. We could start by deleting old razor and maybe, just maybe, jailbreak will be interested in something new. Old habits die hard.

I give you a point, I had forgotten about those. Thing is,

These maps are played only when clones are recently played and/or no one nominated one. We could start by deleting old razor and maybe, just maybe, jailbreak will be interested in something new. Old habits die hard.

I think you're heavily over exaggerating and removing the old razor for the "new one" would be a bad idea as they are both very different. There has been many times where I see people choose a map like lego, undertale, or outdoor over the Razor remakes that you mention.

I think you're heavily over exaggerating and removing the old razor for the "new one" would be a bad idea as they are both very different. There has been many times where I see people choose a map like lego, undertale, or outdoor over the Razor remakes that you mention.

I am a little bit. But removing a razor version will force other maps to be played, increasing our chances of successfully introducing a new map. Besides, the only big changes to the razors are a new deagle spawn and a nerfed camping fest @ the window. It's basically the same map. I like both, but I think that in order to make a jb map successful, you'd need to give it some space first, or it'll end up like a bunch of others.

I am a little bit. But removing a razor version will force other maps to be played, increasing our chances of successfully introducing a new map. Besides, the only big changes to the razors are a new deagle spawn and a nerfed camping fest @ the window. It's basically the same map. I like both, but I think that in order to make a jb map successful, you'd need to give it some space first, or it'll end up like a bunch of others.

See this post.

• Content Count:  930

Im so down for new Pb Maps i love jb but i agree the maps do get old when you play the same ones over and over. i think everyone needs to try too learn the other maps or and new ones introduced.

Reply to Thread