? servers

? players online

Getting rid of bios prompt regarding no mobo chassis fan

• Content Count:  20

So I got a new fan that plugs into an adapter that's plugged into a cord from the PSU, meaning the port on the motherboard for case fans has nothing plugged into to it. My case fan works and serves its function though I get prompted on boot with a warning of a missing case fan. It's not that annoying, all I have to do is press f2 to continue normally. I was just curious of any known solutions to get rid of it however. :roll:

Pic of error during boot up:

DkH2nZD.jpg

Edited by ebin100101

• Content Count:  3052

Check inside your bios for something related to that, if its not there, then you will have to live with it.

Curious, what fan are you talking about? a fan that mounts to the case? or the fan(s) that are on your heatsink?

• Content Count:  20

This is a case fan, not a heat sink. I got the fan advertised to be quiet and the electrical cord it had was incompatible with the port on my motherboard where my previous fan was plugged into. However it came with an adapter that plugged into a molex from my power supply.

Yeah, I’m probably going to have to live with it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  796

This is a case fan, not a heat sink. I got the fan advertised to be quiet and the electrical cord it had was incompatible with the port on my motherboard where my previous fan was plugged into. However it came with an adapter that plugged into a molex from my power supply.

Yeah, I’m probably going to have to live with it.

can I see a picture or two of the plugs which you think are incompatible, is it like a three pin and a four pin, or two totally different connections, you will just have to live with it if molex is your only option because it doesn't detect any case fans.

Reply to Thread