? servers

? players online

Sv cheats violation.

• Content Count:  796

What does this mean, I see people getting permed left and right for this sometimes, other times I see it never happen.

SMAC 0.8.6.0: ConVar sv_cheats violation this is the most recent one I've seen.

• Content Count:  4441

We use a server-side anti-cheat called SourceMod Anti-Cheat.

SMAC looks for a bunch of cvars you (the server owners) set up, basically if they're trying to cheat by bypassing sv_cheats (or force anything else for that matter) in that instance they get banned for cheating. They're 100% accurate from what I've heard in the past and have yet to see someone get falsely banned for it. You'll see other ones like fog_enable, r_drawparticles and r_drawothermodels every now & then.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2167

We use a server-side anti-cheat called SourceMod Anti-Cheat.

SMAC looks for a bunch of cvars you (the server owners) set up, basically if they're trying to cheat by bypassing sv_cheats (or force anything else for that matter) in that instance they get banned for cheating. They're 100% accurate from what I've heard in the past and have yet to see someone get falsely banned for it. You'll see other ones like fog_enable, r_drawparticles and r_drawothermodels every now & then.

It perm banned me 3+ times while I was working on various plugins. It's not very kind.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread