? servers

? players online

Working or Studying?

• Content Count:  1719

Studying for automatic engineering. It involves programming and installing any type of machinery that isn't operated completely manually. Such as robots, elevators, traffic lights, industrial machinery, self-driving cars etc etc. It's fun, but the complex mathematical algorithms is a nightmare untill you finally get the grasp of it.

• Content Count:  3440

Currently working in IT as a Systems Administrator for a University.

Currently finishing up a degree in Linguistics.

Just completed both a Minor in Portuguese & Brazilian Studies as well a teaching certificate for TESOL (English for non-native speakers).

Not sure where I'll end up but the plan is tentatively to teach English in Brazil - Preferably near the beach.

• Content Count:  2947

Site Coordinator - Construction, we build highrise residential towers (condos).

For those curious here is a render of the finished building. Were still doing underground parking, but expect project finish is 2020.

hXptQuu.jpg

• Like 1

• Content Count:  813

What exactly did you do in the games industry?

Marketing, Community Management (Content, Social Media, PR, Retention, Player Support Management) , Front End Development (The bits you see), Design (Concept) & QA Testing (Finding bugs & playing games) :)

Up untill 2-3 months ago it was both. Worked part time in a nursing home and study some more nursing stuffs. Had to quit my job tho because internships (I love working for free...)

Also congrats @Third!!! I knew you could do it! You smart!

Thanks Suri! Still a long way to go, but I should commence training in the middle of March :)

• Like 1
Edited by Third

• Content Count:  1262

I worked for a few years for OSU, USU, and NOAA rehabilitating and studying streams and rivers in Oregon for Steelhead and Chinook Salmon to return. Afterwards, I became self employed, and started my own business mining and reselling Lapidary Material (rocks you make jewelry with), which is where I still am today.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6

Working towards my PhD in aerospace engineering (research in computational fluid mechanics). 95% of the time I want to die, and that 5% of the time when my code works makes the other 95% worth every moment.

Reply to Thread