? servers

? players online

I just applied for a job today.

• Content Count:  5381

Good Luck with the job but don't spend your money on knifes or skins no point any more, market is going down and you cant sell it for money any more.

maybe instead of telling him what to do with his money you should get a job too and blow it on that lacrosse jersey you want people to rt you for.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  4441

Good Luck with the job but don't spend your money on knifes or skins no point any more, market is going down and you cant sell it for money any more.

As if there was even a point before-hand. Literally just a way to trick gullible kids to place value on shit that has none, and create a "market". Someone should write a fucking book about this phenomenon in gaming, because it's honestly astonishing. The biggest fucking scam in the history in gaming, and everyone fell for it. I personally have been waiting for the market to die or for them to make a new game so it would- I'm so happy that maybe the gaming community will start treating this shit like it should be treated. Just because there isn't a lot of something doesn't make it have value, rare doesn't mean value. If I take a shit in a red-solo cup and sell it it's one of a kind but it is also pretty fucking worthless.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1056

As if there was even a point before-hand. Literally just a way to trick gullible kids to place value on shit that has none, and create a "market". Someone should write a fucking book about this phenomenon in gaming, because it's honestly astonishing. The biggest fucking scam in the history in gaming, and everyone fell for it. I personally have been waiting for the market to die or for them to make a new game so it would- I'm so happy that maybe the gaming community will start treating this shit like it should be treated. Just because there isn't a lot of something doesn't make it have value, rare doesn't mean value. If I take a shit in a red-solo cup and sell it it's one of a kind but it is also pretty fucking worthless.

You could say the same thing about most things in life. Whether you are talking about a very old famous painting or a csgo skin. The idea that they have value fascinates other people. Just because you think something is stupid doesn't mean it is not someones passion. The fact that you say this without mentioning that it this falls in line for almost any expensive thing in the world astonishes me. If people want to spend there money collecting and trading csgo skins so be it.

Edited by Karma

• Content Count:  276

maybe instead of telling him what to do with his money you should get a job too and blow it on that lacrosse jersey you want people to rt you for.

So toxic today just trying to help someone out like instead of putting your money into skins put it into a college savings account and the lax shirt is free and free is the best, I have enough money to buy the shirt but why would I when I could get it for free.

You could say the same thing about most things in life. Whether you are talking about a very old famous painting or a csgo skin. The idea that they have value fascinates other people. Just because you think something is stupid doesn't mean it is not someones passion. The fact that you say this without mentioning the fact that it this falls in line for almost any expensive thing in the world. If he people want to spend there money collecting and trading csgo skins so be it.

This isn't how a market works at all though. Steam literally is making it so you can't as easily transfer your items into real-world money, they would rather you have to spend your "money" on Steam. They're willing to take your real-world money, but god forbid you try to trade or get any value from it. Imagine if everything you bought from a store could only be sold back to it, and that it worked like GameStop where you get a watered down amount of money which is only a "credit" to their store. Not to be a dick but your reasoning is so asinine. Yes value is perceptive, but to try and say that they aren't tricking people is so ridiculous.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1056

This isn't how a market works at all though. Steam literally is making it so you can't as easily transfer your items into real-world money, they would rather you have to spend your "money" on Steam. They're willing to take your real-world money, but god forbid you try to trade or get any value from it. Imagine if everything you bought from a store could only be sold back to it, and that it worked like GameStop where you get a watered down amount of money which is only a "credit" to their store. Not to be a dick but your reasoning is so asinine. Yes value is perceptive, but to try and say that they aren't tricking people is so ridiculous.

I do agree with you, but this is a reasonable thing they are doing from there perspective. By doing this they are making money no matter where people put it into. The reason they are shutting (or trying to shut down) these 3rd party websites is so they can funnel all of this money between trading skins. OPskins could have easily made people put there money somewhere else, such as a game market like kinguin or G2. If they weren't so widely know for allowing people to transfer money into paypal and other online currency sites, they would have probably already contained the money flow. If anything all of these websites are becoming a tercentenary.

• Content Count:  5381

So toxic today just trying to help someone out like instead of putting your money into skins put it into a college savings account and the lax shirt is free and free is the best, I have enough money to buy the shirt but why would I when I could get it for free.

Except it's not free, it's literally giving out a shirt that probably cost less than $15 to make in return for mostly free advertising, which you kindly posted into our shoutbox.

I wouldn't say they're tricking people, maybe if it was like a first time buyer who did little to no research going in, but, for the most part people who buy things on steam know exactly how the steam wallet works.

I do agree with you, but this is a reasonable thing they are doing from there perspective. By doing this they are making money no matter where people put it into. The reason they are shutting (or trying to shut down) these 3rd party websites is so they can funnel all of this money between trading skins. OPskins could have easily made people put there money somewhere else, such as a game market like kinguin or G2. If they weren't so widely know for allowing people to transfer money into paypal and other online currency sites, they would have probably already contained the money flow.

It's actually not reasonable from them, their game is on the decline at a 4-year historic low which I guess will continue, with the most cheaters in any game within the top on Steam or even in general, the thing they decide to key-in on is one of the largest reasons people are attracted to their game and decide to try to make themselves more money. The reason OPskins didn't follow the same model was because competition would just open up and do exactly the same thing, that it was their entire business model to give people something not entirely-scummy and reliable.

Even from a business perspective they just pissed off the same idiotic children they've been scamming for years with worthless reskins and made it so transferring skins into real-world money even harder (which will lower the value of the skins themself). Valve is actually ruining their brand and has been for years now, this isn't some calculated move to get a big fuck-ton of money all at once- it's an irrational, very greedy move that they think will benefit them in the long-run. You only have to look at the numbers to see how actually ridiculously stupid of a business decision it is, you have to look at the model itself to realize that they're scumbags preying on kids.

I wouldn't say they're tricking people, maybe if it was like a first time buyer who did little to no research going in, but, for the most part people who buy things on steam know exactly how the steam wallet works.

The Steam Wallet is not what I was referring to, it was that they're preying on kids who don't understand why something has value and think that because CS:GO is "so big dude" that the value will always be there. There is also the obvious shit like gambling addiction (many of which people on this very forum have gotten into), and the fact that paying 800 for a cool knife is logically dumb- many people just did it because they could make money off of it (which now they really cannot make much).

Edited by All Ts

Reply to Thread