? servers

? players online

I Kissed A Girl!

• Content Count:  2994

I would say heteronormative as well. In her text universe, she is reproducing patriarchal stereotypes and suppression mechanisms with a veneer rebellion, which is actually nothing but a cloak for the phallus centred capitalism.

However, when I had the discussion with a friend earlier today, he proposed another perspective:

The queer thing was never her intention, because she was suffering from a false awareness, caused by a massive influence from media, school etcetera. But her lust is stronger than the hegemony. It is a taboo, but not a mistake. She's enjoying it! That's exactly accentuating the liberating in breaking away from the taboo.

The point is that she isn't asking her boyfriend for forgiveness, but rather just saying that she hopes it's okay with him. She doesn't want to give up on him, as she likes him, but she wants to be free to discover and explore more sides of herself, her sexuality and her gender.

The wrong/right part of the song, is exactly about her inner struggle, where the the internalised discourse is fighting her sexuality.

Again, lots of contradictions in her lyric. Another possibility is, that it's a cynical speculation aiming at both the heterosexual AND the queer marked. W00t.

Meh, i just thought that she made that song because the topic of the song is very common in general (and popular), every one is beginning to talk about their sexuality i they are bi or hetero, so that is why half the girls of my class listen to it, because they are a bunch of bisexuals.

btw, i cant say this in english, only in danish..... God ord forråd, siden hvornår fik du den så udvidet :).

Edited by SGT. Omar

• Content Count:  5086

I think you're looking too far in depth to a song that has no depth or real meaning. It's a fun song, it's something a lot of young females do, whether for attention or because they enjoy it.

After "Ur So Gay" song, I don't think anyone should look to her songs for any kind of serious meaning. She's a young girl is just enjoying herself in the spotlight while she still has it.

• Content Count:  6465

She says it herself that the song was just a song based of a much older song, and that she has never actually kissed a girl.

It's a fucking song jeez. Do you think AC/DC was literally shook all night long? Or do you think they got some rest in at one point during the night for their big day tomorrow?

How about that for your next intelligent thread.

Reply to Thread