? servers

? players online

I want to overclock.

• Content Count:  28

Well I think you can do that through BIOS or some freeware app.

If your pc won't boot it's probably cause you've just killed it.

not necessarily when i push mine over 3ghz to like 3.05 at nearl 430 fsb, if its a warm day and I reboot the pc after its been on a while, it'll sit on a black screen till I restart it a second time.

And yes, you're going to be using the bios for most of the cpu side of things, and when it doesnt post, you can reset the cmos (resets everything in bios back to stock and you have to set it all agian) unless it has some sort of recovery mode like mine where if you set the value to high and it doesn't boot the first time, when I reboot it the second time it boots with the stock settings, but leaves everything in the bios at my overclock(so it boots at 1.86ghz and the bios still says like 3ghz)

I know my old asrock 939 dual sata2(excellent board for £35 (can't complain at quad monitors with a 5600fx and a 7900gs(one agp one pci-e))) I just had to reboot it 3 times and the overclock would be back to stock.

• Content Count:  1230

What motherboard do you have?

What's the rating on your RAM?

Basically just go into your BIOS:

- disable speed step

- use your highest rated multiplier (I think it's x9 on the e4300)

- raise the FSB to match your RAM speed at a 1:1 ratio

or just use 333MHz to be safe.

Don't use the NVIDIA control panel.

• Content Count:  514

With regard to graphics card temps, I know my 4870x2 got to 88°C on load with stock fan settings. Seemed pretty hot to me so I changed the .xml but the card wasn't damaged or anything so I'm guessing they have quite a high tolerance. (It's now around 45°C on load btw)

• Content Count:  28

i caught my 8800gt at 95 degrees playing stalker clear sky today, needless to say i cleaned the heatsink, barely gets over 60c now, and yeah, graphics cards seem to tolerate heat alot better than cpu's the only reason i noticed was because my fps dropped.

• Content Count:  6741

wow, that must have nearly fried the card?!?!

just bought a 9800GTX+ & 2x 80mm fans with molex connectors as i've run out of 3pin connecters on my motherboard.

shall be interesting to see the tempreture!

• Content Count:  4960

Seemed pretty hot to me so I changed the .xml but the card wasn't damaged or anything so I'm guessing they have quite a high tolerance.

Yeah, a lot of ATI's gpu's are built to last. But I switched to NVIDIA's side because they've been losing the GPU war for a while.

can you believe this, i get my 9800GTX+ today, heard some really loud beeping after i installed it and realised i had to connect it with 2 seperate 6pin pci-e connectors which they did NOT supply.

I'm like wtf! now i have to buy something else!

• Content Count:  1230

can you believe this, i get my 9800GTX+ today, heard some really loud beeping after i installed it and realised i had to connect it with 2 seperate 6pin pci-e connectors which they did NOT supply.

I'm like wtf! now i have to buy something else!

How is that their fault? It's been a requirement for many high powered cards for several years now. Your power supply should have come equipped with the extra 6 pin power connector, if not just purchase a cheap adapter. No need to replace the entire card.

:crying::crying: I had my heart set on trying it out tonight, I dont even have one of those 6pin pci-e connectors, so i just bought a new PSU with one and some more power, will buy an adapter so i can add the other one.

so I get next day delivery for the new PSU, which i can confirm has arrived ;D along with 2x 80mm fans, some lights & a DVI-VGA adapter which i dont need as they supplied one with the graphics card.

all I need now is the adapter cable to change 2x 4pin molex to 1 6pin pci-e connector and I'm sorted!

Reply to Thread