? servers

? players online

Liquid Submerged PC....I WANT IT NOW

• Content Count:  3440

We had some guy open up a shop locally building submerged PC's.. They were custom jobs and looked really cool.. but no one wanted to pay enough to make it cost effective and his shop went under.

I think the problem with this idea is simply that people won't pay that much for the slight performance increase. Also .. How easy is it to upgrade components as you go.???

• Content Count:  1839

that thing's beautiful.

The coolest setup id ever seen was this dude had his swimming pool hooked up to his pc, it was quite ingenious. He'd cool his comp off w/ the water from the pool, and thus would heat up the pool with the computer.

• Content Count:  75

that idea has been around for a long time. mineral oil is most commonly used to my knowledge. the bad part about it is that while it lowers temperatures it doesnt do it by much compared to air. the only positive is its quiet. also upgrading a oil cooler pc is really really really hard as to go and prevent oil from leaking you basically "seal" the case. so you cant open it and nothing goes in or out. so your stuck with your original parts. unless of course you got a blow torch of something.....

either way if you want some nice cooling look at an ln2 closed loop, tec coolers, or good water cooling

if you need help with peltiers, or phase, or ln2 let me know and ill try my best to walk you through it. watercooling is babby stuff and you shouldnt need any help :-)

• Content Count:  514

Do you even know what the card is??? Because you are way off base.

Yes, it's the 280's little brother, both of which are soon to be replaced by 55nm models. For a price like that, I'd want something more to be honest. Still way off base?

Reply to Thread