? servers

? players online

A Problem. Fifth.

• Content Count:  65

1 hour ago, kabLe said:

Bruh what? No way your talking about act your age in a game your not old enough to legally play?

The post I made came off way more aggressive then i intended because it was a in the moment post, I meant all in all, since i do see it a lot. This isn’t even because it’s happened to me. It’s just better to you know... not do that? 

1 hour ago, dafty said:

I would disagree. In my personal experience, what made me think about my toxic attitude wasn't people telling me to shut the fuck up or calling me a squeaker. That kind of stuff brushes off kids who were introduced to the internet at an early age. What actually elicits change and makes them contemplate their attitude is genuine sincere criticism from people they like or care about.

That's not always possible to use on kids who are brand new to the server and have no bridges to burn, but for people who have integrated themselves a bit more, it's best for their closest friends on SG or people with high notoriety to give them sincere and genuine criticism.

Unfortunately, you can tell people like Kofi were told too many times to "shut the fuck up annoying squeaker" rather than "hey man you've gotten to be a real asshole and no one wants to be around you" from a close acquaintance. 

I think a blend of the two methods is required for creating someone who can be a good internet citizen and player on the server, as too many kids born past the release of the Xbox 360 are spoiled annoying dickwads that need a virtual spanking every once in a while to snap back to reality.

Just my two cents from someone who's been on the other side.

Honestly that’s all i was trying to get at, You don’t have to be nice to them just cool down a little if they are actually showing some change and just don’t know they are being like that. 

37 minutes ago, Mace said:

Sucks to see that this is how you're being treated at times or how you're seeing others being treated.

Personally I found when I was younger, MW2 & BO1 matchmaking lobbies gave me a tougher skin since I was young back then and compared to those times, the kids nowadays have it easy.

The toxicity & insults back then was WAAAY worse and more creative back then.

More often than not if there were multiple older guys w mics,  the "squeaker" would get ganged in a shark attack. 

I realized how much more aggressive and mad the post sounds then I intended lmao, If I didn’t get shit on playing any kinds of games, I’d be very loud and obnoxious as well. 

The whole thing was, as i’ve seen yesterday, Kids get shit on for simply being kids. And I know that having some annoying little kid on the server is not very fun. But as someone who’s played longer you should be able to tell them when they are being a little shit. 

Ofc this post isn’t gonna stop it. Honestly I was just addressing that maybe it shouldn’t happen as much. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  819

I get that there are snotty younger lads on our servers, and most of us handle situations that annoy us usually when they happen. But it really depends on the person you're dealing with. 20+ older people I expect better honestly, usually their are younger people who seem older that do this more often, you gotta remember that a lot of the people making fun of you younger guys are prepubescent teenagers from 13-18 but by sheer luck sound older then they have actually matured.

Long explanation short, people suck, it's all about how you wanna conduct yourself that'll help you really grow as a person and deal with situations like these it's not an easy thing to do but it's something to think about.

• Like 1
Edited by Hawks
John

• Content Count:  1051

Every kid has a different way to act dependant is who it is. (Ty for still thinking bout that post)

But sometimes a kid either benefits from being shit on, or doesn't. I personally think if everyone is always against them, and no one say's, "If you grow up, stop being annoying and we'll like you." they'll turn into a mess. But when they are put in a situation where people are reassuring the kid, if he changes a bit or the simple words, "Just ignore them." they'll benefit from that.

As a kid, I played a game that I was quite good at and got Global stats there. I had a good reputation and people liked me, I was still 9-10 years old then. So I benefited from people who enjoyed me being there, nuisance or not.

Earlier today, there was a kid who was being targeted by people, and said in admin chat, "Stop targeting me." I then told the fellow admins there to stop, but y'know, they didn't. On his t-round that we both had, my t-buddy said, "TASE player, TASE player!" Which was against the rules and they eventually left. I went on discord and told him to ignore them cause shit just happens. I didn't condone it, but I tried to help.

Kids can be annoying, even if they are chill. But that doesn't mean we should fuck up their online happiness, a place they can escape from the real world for our own entertainment.

Reply to Thread