? servers

? players online

RTV Freedays

• Content Count:  634

On 4/28/2021 at 12:27 AM, All Ts said:

Just to broadly respond to some of the posts here: 

The issue isn’t that anyone is being forced to do anything but that it is skewing the vote. It’s also just incredibly strange for CTs to give a freeday so that the map will get changed... That doesn’t feel like they’re playing the game as it was meant.

The exact same argument some of you guys are making for it can be make against it. Here look: If people want the map to change, they’ll vote for the map to change. They’re obviously giving incentive for a reason, because otherwise people wouldn’t vote the map off. 

I do agree though, it’s not a huge issue it’s just a minor rule change I think we should do. 

my major problem with this is people say "type !rtv for a freeday" and then when you do it you still have to wait there freezing.

the cts will make everyone wait till there is a vote which means the t's get a 30 second freeday if they are lucky.

im gonna get ridiculed by @TheZZLhere for using  ̶s̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c̶s̶  semantics as a point but;

If the ct says "type !rtv in chat for a freeday" or "rtv for a freeday", once you have typed the command successfully you should have a freeday as you have done the command.

If the ct says "rtv the map for a freeday" or "everyone rtv for a freeday", you would need to succesfully start a vote for a freeday.

• Content Count:  3294

We've discussed this multiple times over the past few months and have come to the conclusion that this isn't a major problem. This doesn't happen to often, and a majority of the time it is for a good reason, so we get off of a poor population hurting map (Many of those we have removed recently). I stumbled across something again called the "Additive Rule" that as Humans we look to always add new rules to fix problems rather than address the issue by itself or simply subtracting a rule to remedy the problem. Here there's no rule to take away exactly, so I'll reiterate that this is not a problem we are seeing to address. Thank you for your concern @All Ts

• Like 2

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.