? servers

? players online

thoughts on me (side quest)

• Content Count:  124

You'd be denied because of the absolutely garbage attitude you display at all times, including in this thread. Tone your shit down or I'll close your thread (which is essentially just asking people their thoughts on you) and ban you. mmk?

• Like 2
Edited by A Decently Paid Janitor

• Content Count:  141

Everyone should be convinced, that the titular character of the Universal Studios movie, The Lorax, is actually Jesus, and here's why. After reading this, you too will be convinced that the Lorax is the Thneedville equivalent of Christ himself.

The first thing to look into is what Jesus did, and what that has in common with what the Lorax does in the movie. So, what did Jesus do? He was God's Chosen messenger, the Messiah, to spread God's message. The Lorax, was the Trees Chosen Messenger “I am the Lorax, and i speak for the Trees” is a main line from the movie, very similar to how Jesus was the son of God. Jesus was born from a miracle, during a time of great turmoil for the Jewish people. Now how was the Lorax born? Immaculate conception, the cut down tree suddenly spawned a creature, after turmoil for the Trees. Starting to see the similarities? Exactly

Now let's take a look at Jesus’s message from God, and the Lorax’s from the Trees. Jesus spread messages of peace and inspiration. The Lorax spread the idea of not damaging the trees and environment. Damage>Hurt>Violence>Lack of Violence>Peace. Even more similarities between the two.

Ultimately, this next point is probably the most interesting argument for the Jesus>Lorax theory. The ending of their lives. Jesus was persecuted by the Romans and Jews, and the Once-ler persecuted the Lorax, and as such they both left this world. When Jesus died, he was executed unjustly by the Romans. Why did the Lorax leave this plane? Because all of the trees were unjustly killed. But here's the really convincing bit. THEY BOTH WERE RESURRECTED!! Jesus, after two days of death, he came out from his tomb. In the Lorax movie, when Ted plants the first tree in years, the Lorax comes back to thank him. But in Jesus’s case, after coming back to life, he ascended to Heaven, soon after. In the Lorax’s case, he does the exact same. In the last scene of the movie, he floats back up into the clouds.

Clearly, the parallels between Dr Seuss’s character that children across the world have loved for years, and the religious icon of one third of the entire world's population, are too much to be ignored. As such, the Lorax is my religion.

Reply to Thread