? servers

? players online

Monthly/Bi weekly Course Challenges

• Content Count:  210

Hey, this might be jumping the gun, but personally I think we should do this more often; I really enjoy the competitive nature of learning a new course map and setting a good time. I have seen myself this event bring in tons of new population and more active regulars. Maybe the reward doesn't have to be as big as a custom model every month because it would diminish the value, but credits seem like a cool incentive. 

Server: Minigames

Event: Course challenge

Length: Bi-weekly/monthly

• Like 2

• Content Count:  764

On 11/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jackson said:

Hey, this might be jumping the gun, but personally I think we should do this more often; I really enjoy the competitive nature of learning a new course map and setting a good time. I have seen myself this event bring in tons of new population and more active regulars. Maybe the reward doesn't have to be as big as a custom model every month because it would diminish the value, but credits seem like a cool incentive. 

I'm gonna say no to this, Course challenges are supposed to be unique and fun, having them every week will remove the quality of Course Challenges, it will be like having a admins vs regs mg event every week. Also this would just mean Course maps would be the only maps being played and rarely playing other maps do to the courses being so often. Having a 3 week long Course Challenge every 6 - 7 months isn't bad at all. The reason having it so uncommonly is to keep the event unique and enjoyable, still event though the event is out people still enjoy playing Deathmatch maps and Gun Game.

Another flaw to this event is that if we're only going to be giving out credits lets be honest here no one is gonna care. People often don't play MG but they would still love a custom model because it's personal to only them. They get to have a personal custom model no one else has, giving out credits bi weekely or monthly giving out credits only will just not draw enough attention to these events.

• Content Count:  345

On 11/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jackson said:

I think weekly course challenges would be awesome, and you could possibly have a queue for the map in place would be awesome.

Monthly is definitely the move because weekly would kill value of credits, I bet you'd see a lot of pop with monthly events IF they all get custom models, that still be cool, because everyone has a higher chance to get them.

Edited by lorax

• Content Count:  764

2 hours ago, lorax said:

I bet you'd see a lot of pop with monthly events IF they all get custom models

I doubt we'd do this, we would most likely never add custom models weekly or monthly, as Jackson said it completely diminishes the value of them. Literally giving them out every month wouldn't even be a thing because the server can't have that many models on it, the whole point of CUSTOM MODELS is for them to be unique and not everyone on the server have one.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread