? servers

? players online

vista=lag?

• Content Count:  1230

You don't see less than 700mb because you have features such as Aero and SuperFetch enabled. At it's bare minimum Vista is just slightly over double the size of XP. SuperFetch alone gives it a speed advantage over XP, even if looks like it's costing you more RAM. If your apps need the RAM Vista will dump the cached memory so the statement you made about there being less RAM for apps is false. Like I said, efficiency does not equal the lowest RAM usage possible.

Your speed argument is valid if we're talking about low end and older PC's, but we're not. As far as performance goes, Vista x64 is the PC OS to beat.

• Content Count:  6084

agreed.

btw polka, you dont need to buy a new cd key! as long as you use the same VERSION (ie, ultimate, home, home premium) you dont need a new cd key. your old one will work just fine for 64 bit! hopefully i just saved you 240 dollars.

Really? So I can just go and buy a recovery disk or dl it online and transfer over? I figured they wouldn't be so reasonable.

• Content Count:  75

You don't see less than 700mb because you have features such as Aero and SuperFetch enabled. At it's bare minimum Vista is just slightly over double the size of XP. SuperFetch alone gives it a speed advantage over XP, even if looks like it's costing you more RAM. If your apps need the RAM Vista will dump the cached memory so the statement you made about there being less RAM for apps is false. Like I said, efficiency does not equal the lowest RAM usage possible.

Your speed argument is valid if we're talking about low end and older PC's, but we're not. As far as performance goes, Vista x64 is the PC OS to beat.

i said vista has loads of advantages over xp, just that in the lower spec computer cases vista should be avoided.

speed advantages in terms of what? vista has some speed boosts over xp, but it has more (that i know of) cases of being slower. i agree vista x64 is good.

also, there generally is less ram which you also agree, and which was my point. if a person has 1gb or 512mb of ram. the extra ram vista uses make some programs run slower. if you a person like me with 4gb or more of ram then ram isnt an issue. i stated before that vista should be used on higher end pc's.

also polska, yes its basically that simple. however

1- i recomend you do a clean install.

2- i would suggest just downloading a torrent. microsoft charges for you to download or mail the discs of vista. (since, im assuming you own a legal copy of vista, downloading a torrent is not illegal.)

• Content Count:  6084

i said vista has loads of advantages over xp, just that in the lower spec computer cases vista should be avoided.

speed advantages in terms of what? vista has some speed boosts over xp, but it has more (that i know of) cases of being slower. i agree vista x64 is good.

also, there generally is less ram which you also agree, and which was my point. if a person has 1gb or 512mb of ram. the extra ram vista uses make some programs run slower. if you a person like me with 4gb or more of ram then ram isnt an issue. i stated before that vista should be used on higher end pc's.

also polska, yes its basically that simple. however

1- i recomend you do a clean install.

2- i would suggest just downloading a torrent. microsoft charges for you to download or mail the discs of vista. (since, im assuming you own a legal copy of vista, downloading a torrent is not illegal.)

I figured as much, but it actually takes a bit of effort to make sure you pick a torrent that isn't cracked or containing a trojan for the lulz.

Reply to Thread