? servers

? players online

Kos off picking up bomb on Arcade

• Content Count:  764

recently in this post, here it was said that picking up the car secret isn't kos but pressing the button is, fair, it was also said that the stuff about the maggie secret being kos in only very certain scenarios, this can lead to accidental freekilling and causing overall confusion. However I do not understand why the bomb is kos to pick up if other secrets that vary across the map are not. (I believe) there are certain bombs/secrets that are and aren't kosable to pick up. For some reason the current ruling is picking up the maggie bomb is only kos if a ct watches you pick it up. This rule to me doesn't make much sense, why is it only kos if a ct WATCHES you pick it up or determine by process or elimination it was you, not just having it in general or holding it out? I think if there are some bombs that are and aren't kos either make all bombs kos or all of them not kos. 

The current rule stated here says that picking up the maggie bomb and some other bombs are kos to pick up. If it is like this for some secret why not make it for one of the others, there is no invisible button like the car secret to pick up that secondary and it's just laying there. Why should the car be different than the bomb? They can deal damage which is kos but only one is kos to hold? The secondary gun is kos to hold out and the bomb isn't, but it's kos to use it or be watched picking it up? It just doesn't make sense.

My actual suggestion is either all secrets across the map that require secret ways to get to them (exp, pressing invisible buttons, doing parkour, invisible ladders, ect.) should just all be kos or non kos to hold/carry on Arcade depending on what the SM thinks, and this will just make it a more simpler rule set because I'm sure many new players struggle with these complicated rules and would be a lot easier overall to just change it to something simple.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

Using invisible buttons and invisible ladders are already KOS. 

12 minutes ago, Che said:

The current rule stated here says that picking up the maggie bomb and some other bombs are kos to pick up.

You're misunderstanding. This means triggering the secret, like doing the steps that include using inivis buttons, platforms, ladders, etc. is KOS, not having the bomb itself. The forum thread also stated using the powers related with these secrets like grab with maggie, invis with dualies, etc. is KOS, not simply having them.

It's not as complex as you make it out to be. If you're using the secret as a cosmetic and you didn't get caught-- you're good. If you get caught doing the secret or using the powers related to the secret -- you're KOS. 

You're overcomplicating it in your own head I think. The way we have it is a balance between having them completely KOS or completely allowed, and the way it's defined is pretty straightforward for what it's worth. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  764

2 minutes ago, Phoenix_ said:

If you're using the secret as a cosmetic and you didn't get caught-- you're good.

I respect your opinion but here was my main point, my point was to make it so it doesn't matter if you get caught or not, if you have the cosmetic in general you should be 100% kos or not kos depending on what the sm thinks, just being caught getting the secret doesn't make much sense to just having the secret in general.

• Content Count:  1920

4 minutes ago, Che said:

I respect your opinion but here was my main point, my point was to make it so it doesn't matter if you get caught or not, if you have the cosmetic in general you should be 100% kos or not kos depending on what the sm thinks, just being caught getting the secret doesn't make much sense to just having the secret in general.

You

you missed my point

If you have the bomb, you are not KOS.

If you use the secret, you are kos. If you do not use the secret, you are not kos. 

• Like 4

Reply to Thread