? servers

? players online

Map Removal   

17 members have voted

1. 1. What maps would you like to see removed?

• ba_jail_electric_razor_go_pb
    • ba_jail_electric_revamp_f3
    • ba_jail_minecraftparty_v9
    • ba_jail_blackops_v4
    • jb_arcade_b6
    • jb_avalanche_csgo_b8c
    • jb_chicken_island
    • jb_clouds_pg
    • jb_downtown_b3
    • jb_dystopian_b6
    • jb_jailberd_v5_final_fix
    • jb_lego_jail_2k17_hd
    • jb_moonjail_sgfix_1
    • jb_moti2_final
    • jb_neon_v1_4
    • jb_prison_architect_v2
    • jb_pyrenees_v1_2
    • jb_spy_vs_spy_beta7-2
    • jb_summer_jail_hdr_fix
    • jb_undertale_v1e
    • jb_vice_v1
    • jb_vipinthemix_b1
    • jb_obama_v5_beta_fixv2
    • jb_marioworld_rsc_sgedit_v4
    • jb_peanut_v3r
    • jb_elwrci
    • ba_mlcastle_se
    • jb_shapeshifter
    • jb_legobels_corp_v1d

This poll is closed to new votes

JB Map Removal

• Content Count:  297

What maps would you like to see removed from the map cycle?. We would just like to see what maps you guys would want to be removed. Note that there is a chance that if a map is voted it might NOT be removed.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  310

12 hours ago, Pog. said:

What maps would you like to see removed from the map cycle?. We would just like to see what maps you guys would want to be removed. Note that there is a chance that if a map is voted it might NOT be removed.

Isn’t there a way to check the least played maps?

Edited by Iota

• Content Count:  594

2 hours ago, sWz said:

The fact that there are enough cavemen active enough to vote for both electrics and vipinthemix shows how beyond saving JB is

If people want to remove maps that they don't find fun since they are pretty much played 24/7. Wheres the problem with it? IMO a lot of regs stopped playing just because how repetitive  it got in terms of freeday/no orders (or when there are orders people go nazi mode) on top of just straight electric and vipinthemix being always voted and those maps instantly played again once its up. He isn't asking current players what maps they wanna see removed hes asking the entire community.

• Like 1
Edited by Kataoka

• Content Count:  5674

I don't want anyone to perceive this as me strong-arming decisions because of my rank or anything, just speaking as someone with experience both playing and managing Jailbreak.

The fact of the matter is that our server is styled around maps like ba_jail_electric_razor_go_pb and ba_jail_electric_revamp_f3, it's literally tailored for them. Low round times, no wardens, the simplicity of rebelling - that is stuff you don't see on other Jailbreak servers, but that is also why other Jailbreak servers are constantly running those gigantic maps with a million deathgames. If you guys want to change the direction of the server, I'm all for it. By all means, add a warden, make it harder to rebel.. do a complete 360 from what we've done for the last 7 years, I'm being genuine. It's not crazy to think that maybe what we're doing just isn't going to work anymore.

However, my point is, if you don't plan on doing a complete style switch and turning the tides of how our server operates, you shouldn't remove maps that are perfect for our server but you should remove maps that aren't. A map like jb_chicken_island just does not work for us, but with longer round times, a warden, and different rules, it might. For now though, to avoid turning this into a massive argument about the way the server is and what it should be, I'm going to stick to my point that you should just opt to, for the time being at least, remove maps that don't perform well based on how the server is now.

Based on this, maps like jb_legobels_corp_v1d, ba_mlcastle_se, jb_elwrci, jb_vice_v1, jb_pyrenees_v1_2, and jb_chicken_island should go. Just my immediate thought from looking at the list, all obviously up for debate. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  297

We decided to remove these maps. Thanks everyone for the input.

Spoiler

-jb_vice_v1
-jb_peanut_v3r

-jb_elwrci
-ba_mlcastle_se
-jb_shapeshifter
-jb_legobels_corp_v1d
-jb_neon_v1_4
-ba_jail_blackops_v4
-jb_obama_v5_beta_fixv2

Reply to Thread