? servers

? players online

Let's Start Here

• Content Count:  1161

If you haven't heard, Lil Yachty dropped a new album yesterday. Yachty has completely reinvented his sound and in my opinion it's for the better. The vocals aren't the best but the production is phenomenal :smile:

What's everyone's favorite songs and what do you like/dislike about the album? 

• Like 2
Edited by gween

• Content Count:  1634

something very new for yachty, and wasn't expecting this project at all from him tbh and is fs a pleasant surprise. It got that yachty voice on a psychedelic ahh album that flows together nicely with brain scratcher after brain scratcher. It's very good, no skips, 10/10, aoty album with all due respect.

the alchemist is my fav and my second fav is pRETTy and it makes me feel like a bad bitch

• Like 1

• Content Count:  536

I haven't listened to the album all the way through yet, so take what a I say with a grain of salt.

I think more and more of these rappers see how successful, big, and niche of a fanbase that artist like; Tyler The Creator, Frank Ocean, Kayne West, Childish Gambino, Steve Lacy, get from putting out Indie/RnB/PsychRock albums and think they can hop on it. 

No disrespect to Lil Boat but his ass does not remind me of any of these artist, nor do I feel like I'd be able to listen to a very meaningful album that he's trying to go for. I'm not saying you have to stick to one genre because all those artist I listed before started in one genre and have moved on to another, but for Yachty, I just don't see it. 

I don't know maybe I'm just D1 hating but I'm just not here for it. I'm sure there might be a banger or two because the features but that's it.

Mark my words I think we're going to see a bunch of average rappers in the future try what Boat is doing and switch it up to try and look cooler.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  971

1 hour ago, Dong said:

Mark my words I think we're going to see a bunch of average rappers in the future try what Boat is doing and switch it up to try and look cooler.

Mark my words i think youre an old fucking man

• Like 2

Reply to Thread