? servers

? players online

GMoD TTT Suggestion...

• Content Count:  539

I for one support the idea of adding Jihad to the server, if it is done right.

The GMOD TTT server I grew up with and came to love included this feature but it came with a few stipulations that aimed to balance its usage. You had to wait 30 seconds for the Jihad to arm, there was an audible beep when the Jihad had armed, and you were able to kill the jihadist before the Jihad went off. This created an exciting but balanced item that would create panic if you were in a group and heard the beep or pure excitement if you were able to kill the person attempting the Jihad. The delay in arming also meant you couldn't just walk up to a group of players, buy it, and get a handful of easy kills.

To me a "vanilla" TTT server includes the Jihad as it is what I grew up with. Same as how the current vision of our "vanilla" server includes changes like the one-hit knife and weapon balancing changes, both differing from default TTT settings thus moving away from an objectively vanilla experience.

However, many of the benefits that come with a Jihad are present in the already existing C4 with much fewer risks to the Traitor. You could also argue that this discourages grouping up for many of the random moments that can pop up in a round. Though I feel the stipulations presented above help to make this a non issue.

Overall, I would like to see the Jihad come to the server as I occasionally find myself coming across a situation and thinking that a jihad could create a fun moment and it is a unique enough alternative to C4 to be utilized often. It was also present in enough TTT servers back in the day that many might consider it close to a vanilla experience by many (which might be why the topic comes up so much).

I'll still play the server either way.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1051

3 hours ago, Iota said:

to quote elf from last night he said ur opinion is bad and u suck, or smthing like that i cant remember 💀

Ouch : (. Also I didnt even propose the idea, some random dude on the server did

43 minutes ago, crazedkangaroo said:

I for one support the idea of adding Jihad to the server, if it is done right.

The GMOD TTT server I grew up with and came to love included this feature but it came with a few stipulations that aimed to balance its usage. You had to wait 30 seconds for the Jihad to arm, there was an audible beep when the Jihad had armed, and you were able to kill the jihadist before the Jihad went off. This created an exciting but balanced item that would create panic if you were in a group and heard the beep or pure excitement if you were able to kill the person attempting the Jihad. The delay in arming also meant you couldn't just walk up to a group of players, buy it, and get a handful of easy kills.

To me a "vanilla" TTT server includes the Jihad as it is what I grew up with. Same as how the current vision of our "vanilla" server includes changes like the one-hit knife and weapon balancing changes, both differing from default TTT settings thus moving away from an objectively vanilla experience.

However, many of the benefits that come with a Jihad are present in the already existing C4 with much fewer risks to the Traitor. You could also argue that this discourages grouping up for many of the random moments that can pop up in a round. Though I feel the stipulations presented above help to make this a non issue.

Overall, I would like to see the Jihad come to the server as I occasionally find myself coming across a situation and thinking that a jihad could create a fun moment and it is a unique enough alternative to C4 to be utilized often. It was also present in enough TTT servers back in the day that many might consider it close to a vanilla experience by many (which might be why the topic comes up so much).

I'll still play the server either way.

This!! My way of "fixing" the jihad, is having an obviously lower radius, and having the explosion not go through walls, as to make the C4 still very much so viable.

I don't see a lot of downsides to having a jihad either, its a risk reward item, you use it, you're out the game- so its entirely player dependent on whether or not you'd want to use it.

Regardless, as crazed said it, I'd still play regardless.

• Content Count:  4198

Never been a fan of this weapon. It promotes a playstyle we're not really trying to achieve on the server. Deception and guile are in my opinion the strongest aspects of TTT, as they are centered around the social aspect. The (relatively) vanilla stuff we have on the server lends itself to that, and it's why we're careful about what we do and don't add. Jihad unfortunately doesn't really gel with that type of gameplay and instead leads to abrupt chaos, with everyone going full gung-ho from the ensuing panic.

Chaos isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but chaos brought about by not knowing who to trust is different to people just exploding and paranoia rates immediately skyrocketing. Thinking about the items we already have, they are all quite stealthy and can be used very effectively. The knife is great for taking down priority targets or just to get the ball rolling, the c4 is great for finding creative spots with a big payoff - coupled with the risk involved of it being found/scanned, and things like the disguiser and silenced pistol are fantastic for sowing confusion and picking people off.

If I'm understanding correctly, the jihad mod simply makes you explode after a set time and kills everyone nearby (including yourself)? If so, from a balance perspective, not only does this guarantee putting the traitors a man down, it just comes off as a lazy way to score some kills; assuming you don't mess up and end up killing no-one of course. Having a drawback as harsh as definitive death makes it far less appealing due to it having no follow-up risk. Once you're dead then that's it, the chase is over and the risk evaporates.

Again compare it to other tools at the traitors' disposal. Knife kills leave DNA for a long time and the victim is more likely to see their killer last, C4s can be defused/scanned (not to mention heard), disguisers and silenced pistols are highly dependent on positioning/ambushing. None of these lead to an immediate fail-state and instead they start a game of cat and mouse. For example, DNA scanners have timers and aren't reliable until very close, decoys can be used to shake your pursuers (just ask Foz), or you can simply try to discreetly kill whoever is tracking you and take the scanner for yourself. Even if you completely fuck up and are called out as KoS you still have avenues to buy yourself some time or at the very least fight your way out. Jihad doesn't seem to have any of that which is why I don't think we'll ever really be adding it to the server.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread