? servers

? players online

GMoD TTT Suggestion...

• Content Count:  2167

This is slightly map dependent but this has become a somewhat bigger issue with the rebirth than before: back in the day players were seemingly more willing to spread out and bait each other but these days people are more willing to clump. C4 is an obvious answer to that but I honestly feel like C4 is much weaker (especially in lower counts where voice spam is not an issue, thus causing easy detection) and it takes a lot of time, and is highly map dependent on whether it works.

Looking back the other night on the de_siege variant (I forget the map name) people were clumping on a dead exit after the bridge where it is especially hard to to plant C4 IMO

That being said I think Jihad would just end up where you yolo jihad a buddy of yours for memery and ruin the round for your t buddy if you have one.

Personally don't have an issue. It was something talked about a back in the day too. It might be fun to load it in once or twice just to have a good time though.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1051

19 hours ago, Huwajux said:

If I'm understanding correctly, the jihad mod simply makes you explode after a set time and kills everyone nearby (including yourself)? If so, from a balance perspective, not only does this guarantee putting the traitors a man down, it just comes off as a lazy way to score some kills; assuming you don't mess up and end up killing no-one of course. Having a drawback as harsh as definitive death makes it far less appealing due to it having no follow-up risk. Once you're dead then that's it, the chase is over and the risk evaporates.

The version of Jihad I know of, after per se 30 seconds, your Jihad arms, and you can run around freely until you take it out and start yelling. They also give a visual indicator, a spark emits from the player and you have around 2.5 seconds to shoot them. The point of it killing no one, or someone is entirely dependent on the player. They dont have to buy it, they know the risks involved. If you want to have a longer t-round, dont buy a jihad. The risk involved is still getting gunned down and having achieved nothing. The point of the game is still at the end of the day to win, and using a Jihad to win is very much so a viable option. 

If anything, I reckon you test it on the server for a day or two and see how people like it. If people don't like it, don't add it, if people like it, add it or think about it. No harm in trying new things, I understand you both don't like Jihad's, but if other people do, whats the harm in seeing how it performs?

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1116

47 minutes ago, lynxie said:

The version of Jihad I know of, after per se 30 seconds, your Jihad arms, and you can run around freely until you take it out and start yelling. They also give a visual indicator, a spark emits from the player and you have around 2.5 seconds to shoot them. The point of it killing no one, or someone is entirely dependent on the player. They dont have to buy it, they know the risks involved. If you want to have a longer t-round, dont buy a jihad. The risk involved is still getting gunned down and having achieved nothing. The point of the game is still at the end of the day to win, and using a Jihad to win is very much so a viable option. 

If anything, I reckon you test it on the server for a day or two and see how people like it. If people don't like it, don't add it, if people like it, add it or think about it. No harm in trying new things, I understand you both don't like Jihad's, but if other people do, whats the harm in seeing how it performs?

A lot of our long-time players are boomers who have only stuck around because of the vanilla nature of the server, and I don't see players clumping together to be a bit enough issue to the point where we need add another tool which potentially disrupts the game and risks alienating current players. There already exists multiple tools that can assist, in addition to the most powerful tool of all - chaos. C4, poltergeist, incends, smoke grenades, silenced pistol/scout, a knife thrown into a crowd, etc. You have plenty of tools already - I don't see a need to add jihad into the mix.

Is there potentially an untapped market for a lightly modded TTT server? I'm not sure, but I do know that I'm not going to be the person to run it.

• Like 1
Edited by Elfbarf

Reply to Thread